VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all! Signed up the weekend, Im looking at a few vehicles and trying to decide what to get, one of the main ones is a t4. I love camping but with the UK weather im stick of sleeping in a tent in 3 inches of water :D Hence why i want a van. So basicly im here to look around, see what i can find out to help me chose. Some nice ready done ones about, but lots of dosh, I was looking at starting with a plain pannel van sorta like a blank canvas so i can do it out how i like. I know a couple of folks with Vans from work, T5's T4's and a chap who's just got a T25.

I saw a thread below someone else asking what engine to go for. I aint worried about speed (as long as it'll keep up with traffic). Economy and reliability are the main things. So should i be going for a 1.9?

Anyway off to look about

Chears

Danny H:

·
Premium Member
6,095 Posts
Welcome to the forum T:

·
Registered
892 Posts
I saw a thread below someone else asking what engine to go for. I aint worried about speed (as long as it'll keep up with traffic). Economy and reliability are the main things. So should i be going for a 1.9?

Anyway off to look about

Chears

Danny H:
Hi fellow Noob :)

I was lucky enough to just pick up a 2.5 T4 at the weekend, and like you I was bothered about economy. I filled it up with 73 litres, drove like mad from Bristol to Edinburgh (430 miles if I remember right), did it in 7 hours and it took just over half the tank. Ain't done the sums on that but it seems pretty good to me.

Dunno about the 1.9 but thought I'd share the numbers for ya.

Good luck with the van hunting :ILU:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts