VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if this is already out there guys! Could someone put it simply for me?
My new 140 2.0 TDI T5 Kombi is on order, however being a T32, Volkswagen would not supply it with any kind of alloy! Only 16" Steels.

We would like to purchase maybe some second hand alloys, but does anyone know exactly what I can put on there? As (although it wont ever be carrying the full load) it is a work van so needs to keep the tax man happy to still be able to claim back the VAT.

Cheers

·
Premium Member
6,346 Posts
The factory don't supply alloys for t32s but dealers can. All the Sportline wheels are t32 rated for example. You need wheels rated to 860kg or more. Some of the dealer fit 16" alloys are suitable for t32s.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Sorry if this is already out there guys! Could someone put it simply for me?
My new 140 2.0 TDI T5 Kombi is on order, however being a T32, Volkswagen would not supply it with any kind of alloy! Only 16" Steels.
I was under the (perhaps mistaken) impression that the front discs on the T32 had to have at least an 18" wheel on it to clear the disc. My T32 came from VW main dealer with 18" Sportline alloys fitted...

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
my t32 180 4motion came with 17in steels as standard,i had the option of 18 sportline,but found them cheaper
elsewhere.only late sportlines rated for t32:):):):)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The factory don't supply alloys for t32s but dealers can. All the Sportline wheels are t32 rated for example. You need wheels rated to 860kg or more. Some of the dealer fit 16" alloys are suitable for t32s.
Thank you :)

We have had to go for a T32 for weight to VAT ratios. As it is a Kombi not a standard panel van.

Our van is definitely being supplied with 16" Steels... Even though on VW commercial website its quotes " 17" Thunder (Thunder alloy is standard on T32 models)" Which I have been told by VW on the phone this is started wrong... Cheers for that!

We would like to put either 17" or 18" wheels on. It's just finding the correct ones so that claiming VAT back is still acceptable.

·
Somebody stop me!
11,966 Posts
I was under the (perhaps mistaken) impression that the front discs on the T32 had to have at least an 18" wheel on it to clear the disc. My T32 came from VW main dealer with 18" Sportline alloys fitted...
Basic stock T32 shuttle came with 16" steels from the factory mine had 16" alloys fitted T:T:

·
Premium Member
6,346 Posts
What year was yours? The discs on my 2013 T32 will not squeeze into a 16" wheel
Depends what engine you go for. My 2007 130PS T32 has std brakes. The OPs 140PS comes on 16" steels so it must also have std sized brakes too.

There has been some debate on 17" Thunder wheels but the end result is that dealers say they aren't compatible. I went from 16" steels to Sportline wheels with 255/45R18 XL tyres and the ride quality got better. Just dont buy expensive sports car tyres. I got 10K miles out of a set of £800 Conti tyres. I've replaced the rear 2 with Hankooks V12s last week and they were much cheaper and according to the label they'll be quieter too.

I've not seen any 17" alloy wheels rated for a T32.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts