VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI All

First of all I don't know if this is in the right place or not - if not mods please move it T:

I bought a full saxo tilt and slide sunroof, complete with headlining etc to fit into my caravelle as it seems like a very popular mod on here and very possible and worthwhile - however I have had a change of heart and wondering if the windscreen deflectors actually work.

I was just wanting to get a breeze in the van as with the windows down on a motorway now you get so much noise and vibration etc and so bought the sunroof to fit so didn't have to use the windows but now not fitting this thinking about other options, and just wondered if they work and make a worthwhile difference?

Only asking as I have never used them or been in a van or car before with them. My works van has quarter light glass and this is fine along a motorway, so do these reflectors actually work and cure the problem? If so anyone recommend a brand or type?

This is the type of thing - however it states not electric windows - my velle has electric windoes so why wont they work?? So anyone know any others for electric windows

http://www.justkampers.com/shop/t4/accessories/exterior-accessories/cab-window-wind-and-rain-deflector-pair-for-all-t4-j11989.html

Thanks Steve T:

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have the same ones - make a huge difference driving with the windows slightly down. Also, I keep the windows down a notch when hot and parked up to allow air in.

I have electric windows and they work, but when the window gets to the very top it comes back down. I think this is because the window senses something there (that could be somebody's fingers!) and comes down as a safety precaution. Either that, or my wiring is faulty!

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have the same ones - make a huge difference driving with the windows slightly down. Also, I keep the windows down a notch when hot and parked up to allow air in.

I have electric windows and they work, but when the window gets to the very top it comes back down. I think this is because the window senses something there (that could be somebody's fingers!) and comes down as a safety precaution. Either that, or my wiring is faulty!
I'm glad you mentioned about your electric windows coming back down as mine do the same and i thought i had a problem.
I've got the same deflecters and they work well, crack the windows open a bit when camping stops the van steaming up overnight.T:

·
Registered
81 Posts
I'm glad you mentioned about your electric windows coming back down as mine do the same and i thought i had a problem.
I've got the same deflecters and they work well, crack the windows open a bit when camping stops the van steaming up overnight.T:
Apparently you can disable the pressure sensors to stop it from happening, but I'm not going to take the risk with my two boys in the van a lt of the time!

·
Registered
616 Posts
Fit the sunroof, deflectors don't reduce the wind noise when you're travelling at speed. They are good for providing ventilation when you park up at night though
Agreed!
I have both, wind deflectors and sunroof. The sun roof is the best bit by far!

Bonzey

·
Registered
286 Posts
Wind deflectas are good,do stop some noise but only with window slightly down. Like people hav said there great so you can have windows down while you camp. They look cool anyway!
I want to put a sunroof in mine.just putting off going round the breakers yards to find one. Cos i cant be bothered to fit one....yet! But i do want oneT:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts