VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

Novice needing gas and water supply help

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  me and him 
#1 ·
Hi all,
I've just picked up and installed my smev hob and sink. Looks great in the worktop but no water or gas yet I:
Im a complete novice with both of these and any help of fitment will be great!

1 - ive got a 12l water tank which fits under the sink, with a 12v sub pump with is connected. As for the water inlet and outlet... thats where im lost, whats the besy way to do this?

2 - I've got 8mm copper pipe from the hob to the rear of units. a 8mm 90degree bend fitted to the smev already (olive and nut). 1m of orange hose attatched to gas regulator and gas tank. As to which way any of this is done i have absolute no idea where to start :confused: i've read so much but still puzzled, so many different ways. i have a cupboard where the water and gas tank is situated. is this ok? do i need a sealed placement for the gas? vents etc.?

any help as always will be more than appreciated. Thanks, Ash T:

#3 · (Edited)
hi

,i have a homemade kitchen pod that i take out of my camper and put in the awning when we are camping, basically i have my gas bottle and a 10l freshwater container and a 10l wastewater container in my pod.

my pump is wired straight into a 12v cigar plug on a 5m extension lead so its long enough to plug into the van when in the awning that plugs straight into a 12v socket and then the pump into my 10l freshwater container, i then have a hose connected to the bottom of my sink which drops into my 10l wastewater container, as for the gas put the orange hose on the copper pipe and the other end on the regulator using jubilee clips thats what i have used, and always a good idea to have some vents on the units when gas is involved.

hope that helps

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.