VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
went and got some new bulbs for my numberplate and still they are not working. is there a fuse that could of blow and if so which one is it. cheers

tinbottom

·
Registered
10,601 Posts
More likely to be dodgy connectors. Had this problem on a few. Take out the handle and you will be able to see where the connectors have fallen out of the back. Should have said yesterday when you were here, we could have had a look.

·
Registered
255 Posts
also check the the terminals that the light fits into are showing i had this problem and had to pull them down a bit with some long nose plyers so they made contact with the end of the bulb

·
Registered
134 Posts
Agree. the fitting of the lamp holder into the van is a bit trickly. Make sure that you have enough pre-load on the connections. Also make sure that the connections are clean. I changed my bulbs for LEDs the other day and the connectors were all quite badly corroded.

http://berthathebus.blogspot.com

·
Registered
54 Posts
I'm having the same problem, New bulbs fitted but have discovered there is no live to the wire...
Is there a seperate fuse?

·
Registered
64 Posts
the fuse is on the top line of fuses round the middle(cant remember which 1 now) changed mine at weekend,had to sand the connections inside both holders aswell before they would work

1 - 6 of 6 Posts