VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well went to cromer this weekend. All went well untill sunday morning:(

Set off to the beach but been me i thought i would try find somewhere a bit mor out the way. A dirt track off the main road headed to the beach and despite a sign saying unsuitable for cars i carryed on. Got about half mile down track with dips and bumps all over when i thought i best turn around. So i did. About 20 metres after the u turn i went to the left slightly and van slid into the soft field run off ground. Mrs started laughing but i knew i was well in it. She changed her tune when seen me sink bear footed and getting stung to bits try to sort the situation.

Van was grounded on the gearbox at last point of hard ground:* I started to really panic as i knew this was very bad.

I left the mrs and headed up lane back to road. 3 miles approx running later and no farmer/tractor in sight i was a wreck. Just about to head back to van down track wondering what going to do when a landrover defender and disco came round corner. To say i jumped infront of them was a understatement. He knew i was stuck without me asking and happened to have a tow rope. I was so releaved and offered him every bit of cash i hadT: He got to van, hooked up and pulled. No easy task though. Van wasnt moving, Started to panic again so i just floored it as did he. Didnt care if the front of van came off getting me out. Slowly it moved and was Free.

I was so happy. Could of been a real bad situation 170 miles from home. Bloke said it happens all the time. Van was undamaged although very muddy and the bloke wouldnt take the £60 off me.

Top people them norfolk folk and im a complete idiot. lesson learn't. Ill be stopping next time i see someone having bother.

Stick to the main roads peopleT: No matter how much that voice inside you wants you to get away from all the busy placesT:

·
Registered
5,043 Posts
Many moons ago I came off my bike, a C15 with John Tickle bars and rear sets (but that's by the way).
A chap offered to drive me and the bike (on his trailer) back home.

He wouldn't take any cash, just said to pass on good will to any other bikers you see in trouble.

I've trid to repay that chaps kindness. A good philosophy to live by. T:

Cheers, Tony.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts