VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
VW more popular than ever! :cool:

Why do you think the vw scene has such a following, and what attracted you to buy one and join?

I love the fun, freedom and adventure!
Doing up your van and the sense of satisfaction it gives!
I love the respect that us v dubbers have for each other! :ILU:
So much so......... in 15 weeks I get married and our Lub Dub (our T4) is our honeymoon vehicle!!

VW rocks!! T:

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Had an old bay for years but got shot and decided to but another van.
Was actually looking at old shape Vito's for a while (aswell as T4's) but couldn't find anything decent so ended up with the T4 I have now. Very wise buy in the end T:
Had it 6 years now and "part" of the family but just happens to be a VW.

I've got no loyalty to VW's, just happens my van's one.

·
Its about time I showed up
11,653 Posts
I love the respect that us v dubbers have for each other! :ILU:
Dont wanna pee on ya bonfire mate but i find in my own experience that T4's get a little snubbed within the ''scene'' and i find the snobbery with all vehicles overwhelming now the "scene" is so HUGE!! filled to the brim with cheque book motors...
But hey i love my Vw's like the next man in all shapes and sizes.. Never bought a Vw to be a part of the "scene" just like them.. Im a wannabe splitty owner threw and threw I: As for owning a van its all about the versatility and the fact the T4 IS the coolest van on the market imo T:

·
Premium Member
8,089 Posts
when i started driving old cars were all i could afford and VW were most reliable, and about the only car which had what i will call "alternative cred" When every tracksuit around you is bombing around in peugeots, fiestas, novas etc, all the cool kids had dubs. And the quick way to be cool is to copy the cool kids :)

·
Premium Member
5,238 Posts
Think mine started when I was a kid, my Dad had a 1970's bay that we went camping in. Then when I was 18 I bought a mk2 golf 16v. Few years later I bought a bay project, then I bought the T4 as it was the best van available, let's be honest what else was there to choose from:*

·
Registered
5,259 Posts
got my first T4 purley because it was exactly what i needed for work , never even gave the badge a thought . but after a few months of owning it realy was impressed with the van . now i have had 3 of them (stilll have 2 of them) and realy just cant fault them . they look great , drive great and are reliable . my other mates have owned several diff vans , had to get rid because they fell apart ect and mine are still going strong . its only since i joined here i got into the club so to speak and loving it by the way T:

·
Registered
572 Posts
Addiction for me.
Like last night, changing the rear interior light bulbs to a brighter bulb, fixing my stereo wiring and hooking my iPod up to stereo (all with advice from the forum) then telling my missis all about it and realising that she is not interested and thinks I've gone mad.(stoopid van she says)
Is a shame the first thing I do when I wake up is look at my phone to check my eBay listings, and the forum for information on my build, feed the cat and then kiss my missis. I do love her ..........my old van

1 - 10 of 10 Posts