VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, new on here and unfortunately my first post is a cry for help. I’ve got a 2002 2.5tdi 88bhp but it’s started occasionally cutting out and throws up the glow plug light but then returns to normal a second later. I’ve already seen a few posts similar but suggest the 109 relay and I’ve changed that but it’s still done it with the new one fitted! Has anyone had the same and the new relay hasn’t cured it as I’m really hoping it’s not anything as severe as fuel pump or injectors?
Thanks
Matt

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi, I have now found the cause of it and fixed it. It was in the loom under the bonnet one of the wires had started rotting and breaking down, gentle pull and it broke and failed to start at all so stripped it back and repaired and has been faultless ever since. To be precise where it was rotting/ breaking in the plastic ducting where it clips to the dipstick

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yep made up with it! Went to my mates garage and plugged it in but no fault codes logged, went up the road with live data and it did its cough but still showed nothing and he said he had a T4 in a long time ago that wouldn’t run and was a broken wire in the loom so thought he’d have a look on the off chance and turns out the same thing but not fully broken just yet so I was lucky it didn’t stop fully while I was out somewhere ?

·
Registered
865 Posts
Well done mate, don't you love that nice fuzzy feeling that you didn't waste time for nothing ? Electrical, intermitent faults like that are really hard to find, good job you've persevered...and thanks for sharing, maybe it might help someone else in the years to come !

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Exactly that and I was dreading it being something that keeps happening but can’t find it but luckily it’s done now and just shows it’s not always what you know but who you know!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts