VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just replaced the front droplinks in an effort to find the cause of what can best be described as a pobbling noise or pattering noise from the suspension, (2nd set of droplinks) this hasn't cured the problem. the suspension doesn't knock or clonk when i go over a speed bump but there is definately something going on. The shocks and springs are stance plus and been on 18 mths ish, front top mounts were replaced when the coilovers went on. Rear rubber spring seats are bit tired though. Seems to have got worse since the kombi seeats when in hmmmm

Any thoughts folks???

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
Make sure the brake pads aren't rattling in the calipers
Can happen if the copper grease drys out or gets washed out

·
Premium Member
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i know what you mean had that before it's more of a mettalic rattle than what i have thanks though

·
Premium Member
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well i have now tracked down the source of said knock one of the rear shock bushes had where the bolt goes had come off where it's pressed in so was rattling around, i have sent both shocks back to stance plus (Venom Motorsports) who have been extremely helpful just waiting for replacements lucky i kept the old ones so i can still drive the van

·
Super Moderator
5,358 Posts
How low are you running? When you fit the replacements if you can don’t fully tighten the bolts until the van is sat in it’s normal position ie not jacked up

·
Premium Member
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not as low it can go i have still got 2 inches or so of wheel showing, I didn't fit these originally was done my a mechanic so i suspect they were just done up on the ramp I have always where possible done suspension components up with the weight of the vehcile on them

1 - 6 of 6 Posts