VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know the procedure for resetting the factory fitted central locking???
Fitted a new battery and need to reteach the fob to operate the doors.

Cheers guysT:, Alan.

·
Registered
759 Posts
put key in ignition turn on to ignition lights only (don't start the engine)
press lock on key fob
job done
T:T:T:

·
Premium Member
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
put key in ignition turn on to ignition lights only (don't start the engine)
press lock on key fob
job done
T:T:T:
Tried that mate, no joy:(. Battery is brand new, LED on key fob blinks when button is pressed so I assume fob is ok just out of synch. All doors lock when the key is turned in the door, so I assume wiring is ok.
Checked fusebox and central locking fuse is ok.

Dont know what to try next:(
Alan.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Tried that mate, no joy:(. Battery is brand new, LED on key fob blinks when button is pressed so I assume fob is ok just out of synch. All doors lock when the key is turned in the door, so I assume wiring is ok.
Checked fusebox and central locking fuse is ok.

Dont know what to try next:(
Alan.
,,hi mate i have same prob as you,
turns out if i put key in drivers door all locks lock/unlock apart from passenger door so i whipped off door panal theres not even a cental locking pump/motor in there someone as taken it out,,,iam hoping once i buy a fresh motor/pump it will all work but sounds like mine will do what yours is as ive tried all what you haveI:,,,never under estimate what someone else as done/taken out "Mind Blowing"

·
Registered
270 Posts
Our '98 Passat keeps getting out of sync due to little fingers pressing buttons LOL:
To resync that I unlock the door with the key then press the keyfob then lock the doors with the key - try that.

·
Premium Member
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks MdR T:, I'll give it a try when I return from my hols.
Cheers, Alan.

·
Premium Member
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I tried your suggestion MdR, no joy, still no good.
Then had a hunt through the info in Elsawin and found this procedure:

– With the first key to be synchronised, switch on the ignition for a maximum of 3 seconds.
– Switch off ignition and remove key.
The synchronization of the key must take place within the next 20 seconds.

– Press and hold lock button -2- and whilst doing this press unlock button -1- three times.
– Release lock -2- button. The warning lamp -3- in the key will flash five times.
If the radio receiver accepts the key synchronization the vehicle will be locked and unlocked once and the hazard warning system will be activated respectively by the system.
After completing the synchronization of a key the other (maximum of a further three) keys must be synchronised by pressing and holding the lock button -2- and depressing the unlock button -1- three times along with the relevant reaction from the system, within the next 20 seconds for each.
The synchronization sequence is terminated when the time limit of 20 seconds is exceeded or the ignition switched on for at least 5 seconds. The synchronization sequence is automatically terminated when 4 keys have been synchronised.

Gave it a try and Hurrah, it worksT:A:T:A:T:.
Now got fully working central locking. ResultT:

Alan.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Result! Strangly my key had a hissy fit yesterday and wouldn't talk to the Bus. I used my 'Passat' method and it worked fine. I wonder if maybe there is a limit as to how far out the key can be before you have to use this method.
Pleased you got it working!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a weird situation where, having had the "Multi press" conundrum, and the button press sequence no longer working as normal. Now I have to press the lock/unlock button three times in order to release the driver door for opening for entry. Also, I now have to press the button once when still sitting in the driver's seat and having turned off the ignition, so as to unlock the door and escape. Mine is a 2000 Caravelle with independent two button fob separate to keys. I hadn't been worrying too much, as I knew that I had a couple of wires broken in the loom that passes between the door and the body. This was rewired today, but no improvement in the central locking system. I'm open to any suggestions.
Cheers from Australia
:*

·
Registered
1 Posts
synchronised
tried your suggestion MdR, no joy, still no good.
Then had a hunt through the info in Elsawin and found this procedure:

– With the first key to be synchronised, switch on the ignition for a maximum of 3 seconds.
– Switch off ignition and remove key.
The synchronization of the key must take place within the next 20 seconds.

– Press and hold lock button -2- and whilst doing this press unlock button -1- three times.
– Release lock -2- button. The warning lamp -3- in the key will flash five times.
If the radio receiver accepts the key synchronization the vehicle will be locked and unlocked once and the hazard warning system will be activated respectively by the system.
After completing the synchronization of a key the other (maximum of a further three) keys must be synchronised by pressing and holding the lock button -2- and depressing the unlock button -1- three times along with the relevant reaction from the system, within the next 20 seconds for each.
The synchronization sequence is terminated when the time limit of 20 seconds is exceeded or the ignition switched on for at least 5 seconds. The synchronization sequence is automatically terminated when 4 keys have been synchronised.
Thanks alot for this info 🙏👍

1 - 10 of 10 Posts