VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
of the newer T5.1's when do they have 6 sp gear box's

and I take it there are no 2.5ltr vans in this range then??

so if you had a 2.5 T5 what would you say is the same in a drivers point of view this 140 bhp one??

·
Premium Member
2,585 Posts
All of the later vans have girls engines stressed to breaking point with dozens of turbos
I'm pretty sure that all of the vans from 140 have 6 speed boxes unles they be fitted with scary new fangled dsg autos obviously

Ok time might prove otherwise but maybe some of the modern engines will prove to be reliable .if they not be legislated out of existence by miracle petrol engines that may turn out to be less polluting in an emporers new clothes stylee....

As a band of my acquaint called the cropdusters once sang"a Luddite man a Luddite man a Luddite man am I..."

P.s.there ain't no replacement for displacement.so long live the five pot.(if correctly and expensively maintaned of course!)

Bunny

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yep I got to say I have got used to the 6 speed..

70 ish mph at 2100 rpm is brill...

I am just not feeling the love for the 5.1 if I am honest I would rather find a low miles T5 old shape 2.5ltr 5 pot ! and change the front end. Any one got one for sale or know of one! happy to make any PX price offer and some more.. :)

·
Premium Member
6,285 Posts
So you have the 102 ?you could get it mapped up maybe that bit extra would be enough to just swing it.i have my 2.5 130 revo remapped by Vanworx and boy did it make a difference.3 gear acceleration is proper fun.
you'd still be missing a cylinder and a gear thoI:
Just be careful remapping the 102 though as the gearbox wont take the torque at the bottom end so you can get them up to 160PS but the bottom end torque is limited compared to the potential available.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts