VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, after getting the big I'm off to Afan weekend after next, staying a Brynn Bettws lodge, riding Afan Sat and Bike Park Wales on Sun

Anyone got any tips, things to do, things to not do? Essential equipment? Places to eat etc

Was thinking if getting a guide for the Sat to make the most of the week or are the trails easy to follow?

Got a Spec Camber 29er which I'm really liking:D

Cheers:D

·
Registered
467 Posts
Love it there. Go to the second centre further up the road from the M4 with the two storey building - cafe was better and hopefully still is. Most the good rides go from there. You might as well stay there for the weekend and do it all. Bike park and Cwm Carn would make a good weekend. Start with a whites level and then do the wall in the afternoon. Sunday cruise around skyline.

·
Registered
130 Posts
make sure your brakes are good before you go to final decent on the wall at afan, awesome trail slightly ruined for me due to major front brake failure, really want to go again, and bike park also

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
Base yourself in the top centre - easier access to most trails, the trails are all easy to follow and no real need for a guide.
Whytes is good....but Skyline will be quite mucky I expect due to the weather; speak to the guys at the centre and they'll tell you.
Eating - maybe pop down into Port Talbot for a ruby or even Neath.....if the weathers nice; keep riding :eek:

Also worth a stop off in Cwncarn on the way back if you've not been there before T:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts