VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all

Got my best buddy of 35 years over from Cambodia for the weekend, he moved there 12 years ago and haven't seen him since - we're heading down to north devon this weekend for a catch up, a few cold ones and maybe a surf if it decides to pick up. Haven't camped or been out in croyde or woolacombe for years, any suggestions for - decent campsite in woolacombe or croyde thats staggering distance from the pubs? and decent pubs in woolacombe? Oh. and anyone else heading down that way this weekend?

cheers T:

Russ

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
We live in North Devon and know Croyde very well.. I can thoroughly recommend staying there, great village atmosphere and there are several pubs all within easy walking distance from each other and any of the campsites there. A:

Never camped there though as we were fortunate enough to live there for a while, and have no idea about pubs or campsites in Woolacombe i'm afraid. There are loads of review type sites that give info on campsites in the area, here's one:

http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/townlisting.asp?town=Croyde&county=

There are also some campsites up here that don't have websites and you just turn up and see if they have space available. At least if you dont book in advance it gives you a chance to reccy the area and find one you like the look of..It only takes 5 mins max to drive the length of Croyde and I doubt they would be packed as it's the last week of school holidays.

If it were me choosing between Lobb fields vs Croyde, it would be Croyde every time, because everything is there on your doorstep. We've stayed at lobb fields a few years back, and was perfectly fine but feels more isolated than any of the Croyde campsites maybe because it's just on the outskirts of Braunton.

Good luck and have a fab time :D

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Get down to Ruda the beach is on your doorstep and it's only a short stroll to the village where you've got the Thatch inn and Billy buds. Both are cracking little pubs with great food.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Get down to Ruda the beach is on your doorstep and it's only a short stroll to the village where you've got the Thatch inn and Billy buds. Both are cracking little pubs with great food.
i'm gonna sound like a whinger now but lovely setting, lovely pub but hideously overpriced drinks and food :eek:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts