VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'll try and be brief, but try to remember I am not a technical bod and if my terminology is incorrect I apologise :(

My van is a 2.0 petrol running with an LPG conversion.
My conversion has with it a "Flash Lube" system. This lubricates the valves to prevent them burning out (something that can happen with LPG apparently).

I have an erratic tick over problem, and this has been diagnosed by both a VW tech ( thanks to Cordwallis Kev T: ) and the LPG people, as moisture getting into the pipe that leads from the inlet (?) manifold to the sensor that is located behind the battery. This moisture affects the pressure gauged by the sensor and this in turn mucks up the tick over. The moisture turns out to be some of the "Flashlube", which must be draining down into the pipe when the engine is turned off. The LPG people suggest fitting a one way valve to stop the liquid getting into the pipe. The VW boffins say this may/would affect the pressure and again muck up the sensor. They suggest a "catch tank" or "trap" fitted at the lowest point of the pipe to collect the liquid which could then be drained off.

I can find a one way valve, but I have no idea where to find the "Catch tank" has anybody any ideas where I might find one to adapt?

If none of the above makes sense please say so and I will try to tidy it up.

Thanks ahay! :ILU:

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Blimey Will that was both fast and accurate! :eek:

So just to prove how mechanically inept I am.
My follow up question is: On the link it says "9 and 15 MM fittings included". How do I measure the pipe?
The outer diameter is 9 or 10 mm, but the inner diameter (the hole) is only 5 mm. So will it fit?

And BTW what did you use the tank for? :confused:

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for that Virg :rolleyes: LOL:

·
Registered
5,822 Posts
for catching oil in vapour form as i dont have the pipe going back into my inlet.
You go on the outside diamater of the pipe, If you decide which catch tank you need let me know and i will get you one trade as i have access to all that kind of stuff. go for a square one as its easier to mount

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the replies Will A: I'll come back to you soon on which one I want T:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts