VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well after a short search i have bought a T5. Its a 2007 2.5 4motion. It needs plenty of TLC but the priority is to get the hideous body kit off :eek:

It had an accident in 2010 and i am guessing thats when the body kit was fitted and it must have seemed a good idea at the time!! Think the previous owner must have been smoking something when he fitted it, but luckily the original front bumper is in the back of the van, just need to get a back bumper.

The list of planned jobs unto now

1- Loose the bodykit!!
2- Sort the rusty bits
3-Bottom half respray
4-new wheels
5-Replace saggy drivers door hinge
6-Replace blown intercooler
7-replace cracked exhaust manifold
8-Replace dodgy/damaged interior trim
9-Possibly facelift to T5.1
10-Eventually, rock and roll bed/table/cabinets
11-Sort central locking on rear doors (locks but doesn't unlock)
12-New brakes all round

Not even got the van yet (coming today) but already have quite a list:eek:
PaulT:

Attachments

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
Looks like youve got a bit of a project , not long now :db

Facelift and a two tone paint job and it'll look awesome ;)

So whens the ceremonial burning of the bumpers ?? ..... infact bang them on ebay and somebody will buy them if theyre in reasonable nick .
Might get you a couple of quid towards something else. ;)

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I really couldn't inflict that on my worst enemy. I intend to kill them with fire, bury them and then dig them up and burn them again just to make sure they NEVER show their ugly face again!! :D

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:D:D:D:D:D
Oh yes, it takes a special kind of stupid to make something look so badhsy:

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If i wasn't so thick skinned, you could hurt my feelings. Even ugly birds need love:D:D:D. Another positive is that i cannot make it much worseT:

·
Registered
871 Posts
Look at the bright side, it is a T5 4motion and it is in silver so you got a good base for your project.
Look forward to see the end result, good luck ?

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The van hasn't even turned up yet and i am running a bill up on eBay:eek:

On the lookout for facelift bits if anyone hears of any at reasonable moneyT:

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Must admit, i quite like the look of the pre facelift. Got a new bonnet this afternoon and a rear bumper both in silver. So for the time being at least it will be pre facelift

Have ordered a full set of discs and pads and a new intercooler today as well. Just need to get on with it nowI:

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Must admit, i quite like the look of the pre facelift. Got a new bonnet this afternoon and a rear bumper both in silver. So for the time being at least it will be pre facelift.

If you need to replace it, why not try for a Caravelle front end? It’s has nice smooth lines:

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Have seen a couple of caravelle bumpers for sale and never noticed the difference till you pointed it out. Have had a rummage through the bits i have and i have a complete front bumper minus 1 cover trim which i should be able to get hold of. May have a go at getting itcolour coded before i decide on facelift or notT:

Hopefully if its stays dry tomorrow, i may get front end off and start ripping old intercooler off. Also suspect camshaft may be on its way out, have noticed a slight popping from air box when cold:eek:

Started off as a cheap van, but may not be for much longer :D

1 - 20 of 65 Posts