VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 81 Posts

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
i certainly was but have spent over a grand with them in the last few weeks o_O. Am tempted to get a remap next . Need to turn my attention to the bodywork now

·
Premium Member
2,038 Posts
I had my T remapped via Revo and it's transformed the van, granted it's not a track weapon but makes going up hills a darn site easier (y) and surprises a few rear bumper rubbers when a slow van leaves them in his dust ?

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Thats what i am aiming for. Now its running as it should its no slouch but they told me i should expect upwards of 180bhp now everything is new. Showed me a printout of one 2.5 that got over 200bhp with just a remap.

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Have passed the point of no return today. started as a bit of rust removal and got a bit carried away. Done upto the swage line with Joton Marine paint (satin Black), we use it on our landrover roll cages/chassis and it great stuff. Really thick hard wearing and sandal after a couple of days but best of all it stops rust and makes a great undercoat if i get bored in a few months and can overpaint it in another colour. Got a few bottles of black gravitex to do upto the lower swage line in the next few days and still got the bumpers to paint. Then add a go faster stripe and its looking better (the orange stripe is the fine lining tape i used to mask it-Just testing the water :) )

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,038 Posts
Would love to kit the magic 200 mark but my gearbox would explode! Paint work looks good, pin stripe works well.

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Thanks guys. Have been experimenting with different colour pinstripes and currently have blue on. But not sure on it, think it needs to be a bit brighter to show up more against the silver and black

Attachments

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
I agree with you both, the blue just doesn't show up as well on the 2 colours. May try some red next but upto now orange is a favourite. I am also tempted to try the wheels in silver:unsure:

·
Premium Member
2,038 Posts
Definitely orange, need to add an accent colour to make it really pop (y)

·
Premium Member
2,038 Posts
I actually kind of like them as they are, breaks the front up, almost a negative image of mine ?

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Have held off painting them for the moment to see if the silver grows on me. But upto now i am still thinking of doing them black
:unsure:

·
Premium Member
2,038 Posts
Hopefully this will help you decide (y) I actually prefer colour coded now ?

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Yep, mind made up. Thanks Pete (y)
Changed wheels today again. Got a set of these on now (still 20" range rover rims)

Attachments

·
Registered
9,463 Posts
Trims are better in black i reckon (y)
And i think the silver wheels will look better as a contrast against the new paint .
Did you 'find' them new wheels kicking around at work ? :unsure:

·
Premium Member
2,038 Posts
Yep, mind made up. Thanks Pete (y)
Changed wheels today again. Got a set of these on now (still 20" range rover rims)
No problem at all (y) Where's the photo with the new wheels on? :eek:

41 - 60 of 81 Posts