VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone, i am new to this forum as its my/ my wifes first t4. had a few bays and bugs before, restored quite a few to. any way as the title says oh no ive done it again, can't help but buy a vw and start off at the sticky end.
we have purchased a very clean and tidy 96 t4 caravelle which we hope to convert, i am a sucker for a broken vw and this one is definately broken, the camshaft snapped on the previous owner(yes the cam shaft). rendering the 2.4 4cyl beyond economical repair, not bothered about that really as i prefer petrol. so i thought i would fit a vr6 engine from a golf, until i test drove a donor vr6 golf and thought she will kill herself with that engine in it.
so i found a 2.0l gti with a good engine and box cheap.
now before i start this project i have had a quick lokk and i think the golf gear box will work as it has very similar bolt holes to fit the caravelle mounts to but the engine mount may be different, which i hope i can get round.
it would probably be easier to ask some other people their opinion, or if any one knows some one that has already done it.
so please mail back and let me know
cheers
al:ILU:

·
Premium Member
30,977 Posts
Hi there and welcome to the forum buddy. I know everyone say's it and i used to think they were going on aswell but if you could prise a tenner from your wallet and become a member it really does free up a whole treasure trove of info. Everyones really helpfull though but its always nice to have a dig around the site. Good luck with the project and might see your build on here one day.

·
Premium Member
6,095 Posts
Welcome to the forum T:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts