VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

Oh no tailgate rust!

3K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  TheDumbOx 
#1 ·
I bought a van with a few scrapes and put it in the bodyshop to get it looking new and it did for 2 months.....
It had a coupke of small rust bubbles at the sides of the light strip above the number plate that have come back through!
Can anyone tell me how they have solved this problem!

#3 ·
I did n he said its a common issue and he wont re do it! I wont go near em again, i did my research and they are a local garage that lots of people i know have used so was really ****** off
The scratch they took out looked spot on but the rust is now worse, he has a transporter himself so i thought i had got the best place!
I just want somewhere that charges a fair price and does what they say they will, ideally somewhere i can go maybe once a year to fix any flaws the paintwork has picked up through the year to keep it nice, any of you that knows one in or around Leeds? Ive been to more bodyshops and some wont touch it?
I am worried im gonna be stuck with it like that, it makes me quite sad

#5 ·
OK so I had a good look at my tailgate and the plastic thing above the number plate is clearly holding water. Not only all the rust around it, I had it open and closed multiple times today and
Every.
Single.
Time... I closed it, water ran down from there.

What are the alternatives to having a sponge fixed to my tailgate?

Automotive tail & brake light Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Paint Yellow
Motor vehicle Hood Automotive lighting Bumper Vehicle door
Automotive tail & brake light Automotive lighting Vehicle registration plate Hood Car

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.