VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I'd share my afternoon today. Finished work at 5 p.m , Truro traffic is busy so try a shortcut. Get lost... no idea how! I end up driving up a very long and increasingly narrow road/track. I spot dog walkers and ask directions. Turns up I'm quarter mile from main road. I turn around and bang... hiss.... puncture. As can only use one arm I can't change spare. No signal on mobile. Dog walker says no signal till main road. I drive slowly but more potholes appear. I get to road and call rac. I examine my wheel... my recently powder coated gloss black wheels. My pride and joy!!! It not looking good AT ALL. Will take wheel to Dave at autoshine tomorrow if get time and hope that it is salvageable.

Hope some of you are feeling not quite so bad now about your own day.

Oh joy.:(:(:(:*LOL:LOL:LOL:LOL::(:)

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Merda taurorum animas conturbit. It does but not on this occasion unfortunately.

Good luck with the refurb. A pheasant recently spoiled my party denting my front panel and wing!

Ian. :D

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Just thought I'd share my afternoon today. Finished work at 5 p.m , Truro traffic is busy so try a shortcut. Get lost... no idea how! I end up driving up a very long and increasingly narrow road/track. I spot dog walkers and ask directions. Turns up I'm quarter mile from main road. I turn around and bang... hiss.... puncture. As can only use one arm I can't change spare. No signal on mobile. Dog walker says no signal till main road. I drive slowly but more potholes appear. I get to road and call rac. I examine my wheel... my recently powder coated gloss black wheels. My pride and joy!!! It not looking good AT ALL. Will take wheel to Dave at autoshine tomorrow if get time and hope that it is salvageable.

Hope some of you are feeling not quite so bad now about your own day.

Oh joy.:(:(:(:*LOL:LOL:LOL:LOL::(:)
LOL:LOL:recone i took that same short cut once when on holiday in truro the puncture dog walkers and nakered wheel sounds exacly what happened to me once

ive got run flats nowLOL:LOL:LOL:

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
PR LAFFIN in pool also do wheel repairs gaz. and they are very good. they straighten, weld and stuff.
hate days like that mate its a sh:*er for sure. T:

·
Registered
6,409 Posts
You only come on here when ya got somethin 2 moan about Rasp:

You home yet or did the RAC drop u & ya busted van up North Cliffs 4 the night I:

People wont expect 2 see that sort of broken rimmage up there 2nite :D

Puff :ILU:

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
iI expect he hates t4's!!! My t'other half came out with this wonderful gem of a statement

' you should have left the wheels as they were then'
?????

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

You home yet or did the RAC drop u & ya busted van up North Cliffs 4 the night I:

Well they so used to seeing you 'polishing ' your 'rim' up there that i s'pose you could be right.
More powerrrrrrrrrr:) tiny

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Well they so used to seeing you 'polishing ' your 'rim' up there that i s'pose you could be right.
More powerrrrrrrrrr:) tiny;)

·
Registered
6,409 Posts
Just a quick question, no digs intended.... If you can only use one arm - how do manage driving safely?

Please excuse my ignorance if its present.
They call him CLEVER DICK LOL:

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Just a quick question, no digs intended.... If you can only use one arm - how do manage driving safely?

Please excuse my ignorance if its present.
Have you seen the film tenacious D pick of destiny? Remember the **** pushups?LOL:LOL:Rasp: Nah I drive an auto with adaptions. Lot of control... and no safety issues except when i'm on phone!!! JOKE before anyone goes mental I:;)
Gary

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
What a great day!

I managed to catch the nearside rear Porsche Cayenne wheel I have on my van (the centres of which stick out a fair bit - that's my excuse!) on a rock yesterday. The only good thing is that it's the same one I clipped the kerb with last week! Refurb seems worth it now! :(

·
Registered
232 Posts
ive just bumped up the kerb to squeeze past a badly parked car and took a nice chunk out of my almost new 225/40/18!!...Gutted!!..Felt like giving the car a kick:(

1 - 20 of 28 Posts