VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just going to do an oil and filter change on my 2.0 facelift t5, does anyone know the quantity of oil needed and am I right in thinking it is the 507.00 (5w/30) synthetic oil that's right and is it necessary to change the sump plug?
Cheers
Andy

·
Special Rapporteur
10,081 Posts
Did mine a few weeks ago: 6.75 litres, including oil filter change.

I used Quantum Longlife III 5W30 507.00 spec (£22 per 5 litres from TPS). I didn't bother to change the sump plug, as the existing one was undamaged.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Did mine a few weeks ago: 6.75 litres, including oil filter change.

I used Quantum Longlife III 5W30 507.00 spec (£22 per 5 litres from TPS). I didn't bother to change the sump plug, as the existing one was undamaged.
Are you in the trade then to use TPS as I was told only can use if I have a trade account?

·
Special Rapporteur
10,081 Posts
Are you in the trade then to use TPS as I was told only can use if I have a trade account?
It seems to vary from branch to branch. They made it clear in mine that they were more than happy to sell to the public. Be aware - that oil price was during one of their "specials", which they tend to have only for a couple of days every month or two. You will pay a lot more if you pay their standard price!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts