VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Bought a oil breather catch tank some silicone pipe and a small ram air crank breather venting it into the wheel arch behind the fog light , mounted it all up this afternoon ,the idea is that the hot oily crank gases wont foul up the inlet tract.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Very neat & tidy, almost looks like a factory fit! I might have to steal that idea. T:

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Where did you get the tank from? I would be interested, all the Ebay jobbies have small connections on them :-(
Ebay seller 800bhp it did come with 15mm connections and some clear hose , i bought plastic reducers and various diameter of silicone breather hose , in the end i sleeved the 15mm connections with 15mm or so of the clear pipe provided and then my 20mm id went straight over and clamped a treat
So you need :
Catch bottle from ebay seller 800 bhp
1 metre of silicone breather pipe 20mm id from ebay seller ash hoses your choice of colour.
20mm to 15 mm straight reducer from ebay seller aquatics ?
Ram air 16 mm id breather filter from ebay,
2x 25mm m6 cap head bolt i use stainless
20mm bung peice of nylon or something from ebay for a turbo application( to blank air intake side also using 25mm of your silicone pipe to mate up to vw pipe connector
2x m6 nyloc
2x repair washer ( larger than average to spread load over inside of airbox lid) drilled and also stika flex over threads on inside of air box (ott)
And then either 6 hose clips 25mm id and 1 18mm id , i used stainless lockwire as i have these allready and i think it looks neat.
And enough washers to make up a gap of 6 mm x2 i used black nylon bar ( to space off the airbox to allow fuction of lid clip)
I used bouling water to seperate the pipe from the end connectors , that way the pipe could be reused should you ever need too.
Also the catch bottle will come away with the airbox lid for service and drain of bottle should your engine breath heavy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts