VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reading CruizingComet bad service thread, I want to do my own oil service and save some pennies. Insurance renewal and mot around the corner!! :eek:

My local VW charges £90 for filter and oil change (good value or not?)

Couple of questions please, How do you reset the oil service warning on the dash and roughly many liters of oil would I need?

Cheers. :ILU:

·
Registered
191 Posts
After reading CruizingComet bad service thread, I want to do my own oil service and save some pennies. Insurance renewal and mot around the corner!! :eek:

My local VW charges £90 for filter and oil change (good value or not?)

Couple of questions please, How do you reset the oil service warning on the dash and roughly many liters of oil would I need?

Cheers. :ILU:

Hi mate

VW quoted us £120 for oil change but they are open to negotiation, we got ours down to £89 (but you know of our problems)

Prior to this we went to ATS and they did it for £60 but used Unipart oil & filter but it's another option if you dont mind non genuine?

If you can do it yourself mate thats what I'd do, least you know its done properly T:

Advantage of going to VW main dealer is you get genuine filters and proper spec oil, plus your service book stamped (if its important to you)
plus they reset the "service inpection" display which others don't tend to do in my experience, but of course this all comes at a cost!

It takes approx 5.5 ltrs semi synthetic

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers for the reply, think I will go out and grab the stuff this weekend.

I expect you need vagcom to reset the display, which i don't have and use a mac anyway so guess it wouldn't work with it!

Hi mate

VW quoted us £120 for oil change but they are open to negotiation, we got ours down to £89 (but you know of our problems)

Prior to this we went to ATS and they did it for £60 but used Unipart oil & filter but it's another option if you dont mind non genuine?

If you can do it yourself mate thats what I'd do, least you know its done properly T:

Advantage of going to VW main dealer is you get genuine filters and proper spec oil, plus your service book stamped (if its important to you)
plus they reset the "service inpection" display which others don't tend to do in my experience, but of course this all comes at a cost!

It takes approx 5.5 ltrs semi synthetic

1 - 5 of 5 Posts