VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a oil leak from above the oil filter at first we found the rubber hose had come loose which attaches to the filter unit changed filter defo not from filter . But still leaking from above this area is there another seal around this area where the filter attaches to the engine .
The guy who looked at it first said he had ordered a new seal but would take 10 weeks to come .
10 weeks has now gone and still no sign of the seal and have no idea what part I need or part number .

Just getting ed off with all the black dots of oil on back of van all the time .
Any info would be great so I can try and get the part myself .
Thanks

·
Registered
96 Posts
sounds like the rubber seal between the oilcooler and the part that it fits onto

just changed the oil cooler on mine as it was putting oil in the water, GSF had the rubber seal on the shelf for a few pounds
the VW part number is 038117070A

·
Registered
33 Posts
hello!
Had an oil leak for a while. Cleaned up around the filter area and it appears to be coming from here (below photo) but this looks like a sensor connector or power for pump or something. Is this possible or is it caused my by foolery of clearing up the area with brake clean. It was dry and drip free for a while till I starter the engine??? What’s the part if need to look at replacing?
Cheers
Scott.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I have a oil leak from above the oil filter at first we found the rubber hose had come loose which attaches to the filter unit changed filter defo not from filter . But still leaking from above this area is there another seal around this area where the filter attaches to the engine .
The guy who looked at it first said he had ordered a new seal but would take 10 weeks to come .
10 weeks has now gone and still no sign of the seal and have no idea what part I need or part number .

Just getting ed off with all the black dots of oil on back of van all the time .
Any info would be great so I can try and get the part myself .
Thanks
117115600.png

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
I havent looked up parts list, but looks like o temp sensor, I have known them leak but still work so it would be worth cleaning up again and fitting new sensor dont forget to clean inside rubber boot

·
Registered
33 Posts
I’ve got no idea mate I’m afraid. It’s 1995 M reg 1.9D but in terms of AAL or whatever the codes are I’m lost.

thanks. Will have a look for the new sensor parts.

·
Full of Cr*p....
8,038 Posts
Well....at least we now know it's a 1.9D !
Mine's a 2.5TDi...so totally different. (So can't help).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts