VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all hope someone can help/guide me. I have just become a proud owner of a 51 plate 2.5 T4 and discovered there is a oil leak. Can anyone suggest common faults/ causes please. Also oil light is always on dispite filling the oil up! The previous owner seemed to think it was a wiring issue. Many thanks

·
Registered
182 Posts
Hi gh2022,

I would take a guess at oil pressure switch leaking. For once a nice and easy fix and cheap (£10ish). Take off under-tray 24mm socket to undo switch and replace.

Paul.

·
Premium Member
2,596 Posts
Back of engine : oil filter / cooler gasket + oil cooler manifold gasket to block will cure 99% of common oil leaks - search the forum there's a thread with photoguide T:

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
Oil light could be the Bonnet switch playing up.

Oil leak will probably be the Oil Cooler/filter housing to block gasket as mentioned previously. I have just done mine again today and solved it again.........until the next time.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone will get my hands dirty on Monday and see if I can sort it! Failing that may just take to my local garage they are very good there and I trust them! Lets hope it's a inexpensive fix just spent £600 on the MOT and have the tax at the end of the month!
Dying to get cracking with the interior (fun stuff) but want together it mechanically sound 1st

1 - 5 of 5 Posts