VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hope someone can help with this oil leak, searched the forums but this one hasn't come up.
I have a T5 2.5 auto, 05 with 36k on clock.
Under the bonnet on the left hand side there is engine oil around the air filter, transmission tank and pipes.
There are no warning lights, no smoke and no loss of power. It drives perfectly.
Colas in Ringmer have had it in twice this week, they've checked for leaks and found none and steam cleaned the left hand side, drove it home, covered in oil again. Then they replaced the breather unit, oil and air filter, and cleaned off the engine bay. Carried out a 15 mile road test and found no oil leaks. Picked it up and drove back to Eastbourne, 20 miles, and covered in oil again. Colas are now bringing it to Eurovans. (has a two months left on warranty)
Anyone know what to do next? Thanks

·
Registered
362 Posts
loose seal on the boost pipe think they are about 95p from the dealer , mine still does it even with new seal but not loads , this is the pipe that comes off the turbo and joins the pipe that goes up and over the engine , in the joins there are some green seals , also check the rubbishy spring clips that hold the pipe together as i replaced those as well , about 2-3 quid iirc

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info.

Update from Eurovans (VW main dealer). They say the power steering pump is broken, which is allowing oil from the engine to leak into the power steering fluid. Doesn't make sense to me, but then I'm not a mechanic. Cost.............600!:confused:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Van returned yesterday, bolts missing from sump cover and oil still leaking (since
found out this was because they had not cleaned up previous leak).T:

Phoned Eurovans this morning, and to their credit an hour later the manager and
the mechanic who did the work came out, cleaned the drive, apologised, left courtesy
car, returned it later all clean. No leaks. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.