VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

oil light flashing. RPM signal?????

3K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  algo 
#1 ·
i have read "penbryn's" post about DOP but my 2.5tdi ACV 2001 has only one pressure gauge on the front of the block and only one blue wire coming from the alternator which i believe is the battery indicator light for the dash. my problem is i keep getting the oil light flashing when i rev above 2000 revs? and no warning buzzer so i'm assuming according to "penbryn's" post that it is the rpm signal but with only having one blue wire coming from the alternator and the battery light on the dash lights up when connected and doesn't light up when disconnected i'm having difficulty as to what my problem actually is? can ANYONE shed any light on this? many thanks for any help and advice given. cheers Davie

#2 ·
The RPM signal for your van comes from the ECU, not the alternator. The blue wire is the exciter wire - it is connected to the battery light.

The only oil pressure switch you have is the high oil pressure switch - if this doesn't earth above 2000 rpm then you'll get the buzzer. (some vans have both, but if there's just one then it's the high pressure switch only)

First things first - is your oil pressure actually alright? I'd be certain of that before anything else.

If you're sure it is then you if you earth the yellow wire going to the oil pressure switch and rev above 2000 the buzzer shouldn't go off. If that's the case and the oil pressure is definitely ok then you need a new switch.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.