VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok iv just change my clocks because my fuel gauge wasnt working my new clocks have a clock instead of revs, everything works but since doing this my oil light and a bleeping has started,it got enough oil in it does anyone have any ideas on this one thanks

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Usually if you change parts or have work done at garage they vagcom it to reset the ECU i believe-If you un-plug the maf sensor for instance with say the ignition on-this would show up on the vagcom-it plugs in under the steering wheel column like a laptop and resets the parameters of the ecu-ecu shows up all faults and by changing clocks may need certain things ie oil light resetting!

I know f all but it's somewhere along these lines-if not this maybe a wire or bad connection/broken wire?

hope you get what i mean I:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hi yes i understand thanks for that so a vagcom is the computor you plug in to reset or diagnose problems, where could i get it reset, do i just take it to my local vw garage for this or is there somewhere else, sorry for all the questions thanks again

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
No worries with questions fella :)
You best find someone on here in your area that may be able to vagcom for you-my mate does my checks usually for free-garages although good can charge highly just to plug these in-got quoted £40 + vat before they even started work :eek:

First as stated you need to find cause of your problem-Vagcoms just a starting point I:
hope this helps-someone will/should help on this forum ;)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks a million for that pal cant tell you how much that has helped, i have one more question for you, how did you find that thread, im new on hear and i cant find out how to search for threads again thanks so so much for your time

1 - 9 of 9 Posts