VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone help to diagnose why my warning light keeps coming on? Here are the details:

2.5 tdi (blue) AJT engine

Beeps 3 times and red warning light flashes under the following conditions:

Engine pp to normal temperature
Under 2,000 rpm
Over 20 miles per hour

The oil level is correct and the engine is running fine. I looked into it and thought it was a sensor issue so have changed the sensor and the oil but no change.

Any ideas what to check next?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I’ve had this before on a 1.9 customers complaint was what your both experiencing, it turned out to be the screws had come loose on the oil pump housing from memory there is six philp screws, if you remove the sump and have a look at the pump you will see them although you can’t get to them all unless you remove the front cover so bit of a mission, we removed them all used thread lock and the van has been perfect since, it might be worth just checking the pick up pipe aswell just incase that’s partially blocked.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello,
I could not find out from your post if the light is orange or red.
Red - means oil pressure
Orange - oil level

Red
You should at first check your oil pressure!! If the pressure is ok you should check pressure switches and yet again if they are ok you there will be problem with a cluster itself

Orange
Check your bonnet sensor which is also used to remove oil level check signal - common fault at most of VAG cars with oil level check feature

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Bigg, 1.9td, had similar, seems the oil light acts as a sort of general warning light, possibly unrelated to oil problems
ours started flashing - was a bad cable connection between alternator & starter, mechanics found it easily as were aware of similar probs on others.
didn't understand it but hasn't come back on since
GL

1 - 5 of 5 Posts