1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I have a 2002 VW T4 Syncro, 2.5 diesel
It is a 9 seater combo van
My problem is the red oil warning light and buzzer keeps coming on, this is normally associated with going up hill, it has been happening for some time now, the oil level has always been good
Can anyone advise me re this, I would like to get it sorted before the winter
Thanks
Sam

·
Registered
767 Posts
is there a sump baffle fitted mate ? if not ..then when you go up hill the oil slopps to the back and starves the pump

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Mark
I have thought about this, but I have had the van for several years and it did not do it when I first got it
Regards
Sam

·
Premium Member
412 Posts
Oil sensor at the front of the engine , underneath...10 min job to replace including taking the tray off.... mine was misbehaving a while back , no issues with the new sensor.T:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have read several post about this Dort of thing, how many oil pressure sensors does my engine type have it is the 5 cylinder model

·
Registered
199 Posts
Hopefully just changing the oil pressure switch will sort the problem. It did for me. Use search function to find many previous postings on this topic. Do make sure though that you get a proper VW replacement switch part no 038 919 081 K rather than a proprietary switch. I initially fitted a proprietary switch but problem remained - fitted a VW switch and problem gone. You only have the one oil pressure switch on your engine. It is low down on front of engine just along from the alternator. You will need to drop the belly pan to reach /replace the switch plus a large ring spanner(24mm). Electrical plug connection to switch can be a bit awkward to remove - seem to recall need to press small catch on side with small screwdriver whilst gently pulling at the same time then it slides off easy. When replacing connector plug just push until it clips in. Be careful tightening new switch with large ring spanner since only 10 mm thread. Just nip it up - no more.
Alleygater

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have had the oil pressure switch replaced and since then I have not had any problems with the oil pressure light coming on

So thank you for all the advice

Regards

Sam

·
Registered
153 Posts
Sorry, just read my atrocious English,
What I meant to say was, i was driving back from the gower yesterday and the same thing happened to mine but it's a1.9td so am wondering if it could be sorted the same way ? Cheers!

·
Registered
767 Posts
yes mate, the same for most vw ,,, always go for the easiest option first lol then think of wiring

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Jamie
I do not know mine is a 2.5 5 cylinder
I also got confused about it because there are a lot of post which I read, I tried to buy some items switches and wiring and when giving my van info I was told the parts were for an earlier vehicle, I started to think my van had the more complicated setup with 2 pressure switches, it was not until I tried to buy the bits that I found my van has a more simple setup with one switch
If I were you I would follow the advice of the last post, my van is now good
Regards
Sam

1 - 14 of 14 Posts