VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My poor van has been of the road for 4 months now, and i need to get it fixed. Ive been told the oil pump has gone on it and i need to replace it. Ive found the part on ebay, but im not sure how easy it will be to fit.

I need to do it as cheap as possible so im going to have to attempt it myself. Is this possible? Where is it fitted on the van?

Anyone who wants to help, im in coventry and im willing to pay. I just dont want to have to take it to a garage as its a non starter and its going to cost me.

At the moment its stuck in my back garden.

thank you.

·
Registered
39 Posts
i am sure that someone will be along who has done the job but as far as i am aware it is an easy job

drain oil from the sump, remove sump and the oil pump should be there bolted to the bottom of the engine with a tube and strainer attached, remove and rebuild in reverse

what symptoms do you have to think the oil pump has gone? usually it is terminal if it stops pumping as the bearings run dry and overheat

·
Registered
36 Posts
as above. should be in sump if not picking up the oil, its likely to be a blocked strainer, with the sump off it will be easy to check .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts