VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A mate of mine's sorting my T4 (2.5 diesel 102bhp) out with a service, so I've got to run off and get the bits... What oil would you all recommend (120k on the clock), and how much do I need? Also, how much should a new air/fuel/oil filter cost me? Anyone got any links to places that deliver as opposed to getting stung by my local VAG dealer?

Going to give the MAF a damn good clean as well (a bit of power loss going on), do the 'Cage' mod (getting the grease from Maplin tomorrow), and fit the EGR blanking plate I've just bought from Gary. Hopefully, she should be nice and healthy afterwards!! T:

Cheers! :)

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, that's a bit dissapointing... No-one wants to help me with some advice then?

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Id go for a fully synthetic 5-40w.. make sure its VW 506.00 spec. You could maybe get some castrol stuff off egay or go to VW and get the stuff they use.. whatever you still need 5.5 litres (its either 5 or 5.5l). Get a new copper washer for your sump plug too T: maybe get an engine flush too.

You could try brickwerks for the service filters.. theres a small forum discount (or used to be).

Filter service and oil change is really pretty easy to do yourself if you have some ramps

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
l find local VAG provides you with correct oil, filter and washer, mines comes to £27ish and change it myself, engine flush is a good idea and redex in fuel tank, possibly fuel filter if you are going the whole hog, you will defo notice the performance improvement:ILU:

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, after lots of effort, the van now has new oil, oil/air/fuel filters, the EGR blank has been fitted (that black crud is not a nice thing to clean!) and the MAF's been given a good clean and the connector's been greased up...

Initial impression was the van's a lot smoother, and pulled a lot better, but after a drive, she seems to have gone back to being slow throughout the gears again, and still doesn't like hills (although better than before). So... When starting, she seems to be perfect, and after driving for a bit (varies in timeframe), she becomes sluggish... Would that be the MAF still? Sound like I need a new one?

·
Premium Member
1,257 Posts
Sounds like it could be the MAF, but check for air leaks and duff turbo pipes too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts