VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
883 Posts
Yes it's 5w/40 platinum oil, otherwise known as PD. You couldve used the search function, but it brings up alsorts of different answers, and to be honest, if someone is going to give you an answer like " use the search function" they could've just given the answer instead. It's just as easy and probably less to type. Remember people, this forum is here to help each other out!!!!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Well said Pettersson, there are some sarcy buggers on here - when I drop my 06 axd 2.5 pre dpf velle in for a longlife service at your workshop, what oil will you use 506.01 or 507?

Need to book in soon for mot and also think an engine mount is suspect as mr pendle thought it was knocking when he remapped - before I hit Brittany in a few weeks time...is it easy to check that is the mount

·
Registered
883 Posts
We have just installed an mot bay into the workshop, so now we can cater for everything. As for oil, it will be longlife 3 5w/30. This is for any engine on longlife servicing and must be used on all engines with a DPF, either with it present or removed. Btw, from last month, it is illegal for anyone to remove a DPF in any way shape or form.

·
Registered
127 Posts
mine is the 06 and has a cat thankfully not a dpf (but the hefty road tax)...there's a huge debate on this forum about the right oil..consensus appears to be 506.01 0w-30 and not the 5-30w which is 507...manual says it must be 506.01. may drop in on Monday to book for the mot and mount..service not due for another 7k so that can wait until after my trip across the channel

·
Registered
883 Posts
What's your reg number mate and I'll tell you exactly. Don't forget the owners manuals are out of date, as even the spec for longlife 3 has changed and covers more vehicles now including Porsche, merc and BMW.

·
Registered
127 Posts
What's your reg number mate and I'll tell you exactly. Don't forget the owners manuals are out of date, as even the spec for longlife 3 has changed and covers more vehicles now including Porsche, merc and BMW.
ce06 opw

vw and motor factors all quote 507 but I have lifted this off the opie oils website

"VW 507.00 oil

The oils in this section meet the VW 507.00 specification. These oils are suitable for almost all VAG diesel engines from 2000 onwards with extended service intervals, unitary injector pumps and also Pumpe-Düse ("PD") engines.

Excludes V10, R5 engines and VW Commercial vehicles without fitted DPF (diesel particulate filters) – these must use a 506 01 specification oil."

so I did a 10k change using 506.01 fuchs oil

interested in your opinion...as I say there are hundreds of posts on this topic...

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
Well said Pettersson, there are some sarcy buggers on here - when I drop my 06 axd 2.5 pre dpf velle in for a longlife service at your workshop, what oil will you use 506.01 or 507?

Need to book in soon for mot and also think an engine mount is suspect as mr pendle thought it was knocking when he remapped - before I hit Brittany in a few weeks time...is it easy to check that is the mount
That would be me then ! I:

I've given many people advice during the time I've been here. However, if someone cannot be bothered to carry out at least a quick search for their answer than I cannot be bothered to tell them - simple as that. :)

TBH, I would not join any forum & then start asking questions until I had made an effort to find out myself.

There we are peterson - I've waisted a few more keystrokes. Rasp:

·
Super Moderator
9,246 Posts
I still use morris's oil in my t2 and been OK for over 40 years as have not changed oil type. Now I know its not a modern engine and there is probably a change oil type but I won't use 507 in my 06 5 pot as half the problems I had I believe was increased wear from 507. Everyone has a different outlook and the sticky at the top of the engine page " which oil " is a bit of a give away :)

·
Registered
199 Posts
Well apart from the first service I've used 506.00 oil from Costco. Large 20 litre drum around 40 pounds
Mileage is now 197000. Remapped 130 with a 174 turbo large intercooler around 220hp from 95000
I just change it every 8-10 thousand
Hope I'm not tempting fate by admitting this
Using it for work again now so hoping to reach quarter of a million by next year

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
Perhaps if you get fed up then you should just turn your computer/iPad/phone off or whatever you use to view the forum and watch telly instead you miserable old git!
Only get fed up with lazy people who can't be bothered to help themselves & I have no time for them - don't suffer fools gladly either.

People who make some effort to help themselves - got plenty of time for them & will help where I can.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts