VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so looking into wedding car gire for my sister and looking at all the amazing bugs.... thinking maybe I should bite the bullet and stop dreaming and actually get my hands on my own little project... am I mad?

·
Registered
585 Posts
Some people would say yes, some no, just follow what your heart tells you bud T: I used to do wedding car hire when i had Hummer h2, got loads of bookings as it was different and sometimes different works, especially on the Dub front :ILU:

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Some people would say yes, some no, just follow what your heart tells you bud T: I used to do wedding car hire when i had Hummer h2, got loads of bookings as it was different and sometimes different works, especially on the Dub front :ILU:
ahh ive seen yout T5... nnnice! you should hire that out!!

as for bugs... do you know anyone up this way who hires them then seen as you were in the business??

as for buying one... im awoman and not got clue about mechanics but happy to learn an get my hands dirty... just dont know if id be able to hack it.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thinking if I did get one and do it up i could hire it out... looking into business ideas for when we have our next baby and i quit work...

·
Registered
585 Posts
ahh ive seen yout T5... nnnice! you should hire that out!!

as for bugs... do you know anyone up this way who hires them then seen as you were in the business??

as for buying one... im awoman and not got clue about mechanics but happy to learn an get my hands dirty... just dont know if id be able to hack it.
I dont know anyone in north wales who does dubs for hire,, know of few in south wales http://www.lovedubweddings.co.uk/
being one of them, so perhaps you could be the first T: dont need to be a mechanic to do it, got to watch out for your insurance though as because your carrying the public it pushes is sky wards :(
Where you seen my van to then?

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I dont know anyone in north wales who does dubs for hire,, know of few in south wales http://www.lovedubweddings.co.uk/
being one of them, so perhaps you could be the first T: dont need to be a mechanic to do it, got to watch out for your insurance though as because your carrying the public it pushes is sky wards :(
Where you seen my van to then?
yea having a think about it now! not sure theres enough demand for it up here though?

just seen ur van on the forum thats all! sure ill see it about up here though...

·
Registered
10,391 Posts
I would love a bug project, i really like them. Saw an old one down the seafront last week and it was lovely so basic and nice, go for it.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Do it, I miss my 64 but when i've finished reovating our house and built the double garage I: i'll be getting a project again T:

Also:

http://www.vintagevwweddings.co.uk/

Jay (aka the rustbus is based in Caerphilly) and his mates use their cars for weddings ;)

·
Registered
378 Posts
They are so cool, however they can be a lot of maintainance and depends what your budget is and how far you want to go with it. I've had a 68 and a 73 and both were a nightmare!!! T:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts