VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finished work early today, and decided to go looking for some long lost paperwork in the loft, but stumbled across some of my old skool vinyl from my youth (for those who dont know what Im talking about, Im talking about records) well before CD's.
Anyway, came across this old skool classic

Takes me well back in to the day T:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VMY9HBn_5g

·
Premium Member
2,397 Posts
real old skool i love it just bought a device that will put all my old skool (dreamscape/helter skelter) tapes on mp3/cd .

cant wait just need two days to do it T:LOL:

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
just got to love old skool great find T:

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got shed loads more!
Was really into the the rave/techno scene back in the day T:
My sisters boyfriend (at the time) was an organiser for the the universe raves, so was well connected and always looked after me:D
Long may old Skool live on

Happy dayz T:

·
Registered
357 Posts
I got a ruckload of vinyl,about 9000 12 ",used to dj quite a bit in the early 90,s,was mates with the guys from the eclipse club and bangin tunes in Cov,i got all the classics :) got all the rare stuff and all the early house ,derrick may all the stuff on Trax and 4th floor :) the good old days.But its all the rave stuff i value the most,best keeping your vinyl mate,it keeps going up in value,some tunes on discogs go for 200 quid,but i could never part with any of them.
Nice one lads,thought i would be the only one into the old school rave stuff.
Still play now and again,got this class thing called serato scratch live,you plug it into your mixer and it lets you play your mp3,s through your turntables via a timecoded peice of vinyl. http://www.rane.com/scratch.html

·
Registered
366 Posts
Finished work early today, and decided to go looking for some long lost paperwork in the loft, but stumbled across some of my old skool vinyl from my youth (for those who dont know what Im talking about, Im talking about records) well before CD's.
Anyway, came across this old skool classic

Takes me well back in to the day T:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VMY9HBn_5g
hearing the tune now brings it all back what a :cool::cool::cool::cool:feeling

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
88 Acid house raver in da house :)

Best days ever - my fav club was London Astoria - Crazy club between 89 - 90 and Camden palace - Orange

Stations on the radio - Fantasy fm , sunrise fm , centreforce

Fav dj's - Evil eddie richards, fabio & grooverider , dj hype , Ellis dee ,

fav acid tune

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yttv4vVfOUE

After 91 ish i started listening to u.s garage (paul trouble anderson , linden c ) up until 98 then got into a bit of 'speed garage' then it all went down hill , moody & full of bad attitude

Now i listen to Radio 2 and talk radio as my ears cant cope with the trash thats being made today

·
Registered
859 Posts
Ive still got all my old vinyl from back in the day, in fact my 1210's and vinyl takes up a full bedroom, wife thinks i should get rid, she aint got a prayer.

Best days of my life back in the early 90's, met some great people along the way, bring back illegal raves thats wot i say, or better still lets all get together in a field in our buses borrow a big generator and have a proper old school party :) :) :)

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Ive still got all my old vinyl from back in the day, in fact my 1210's and vinyl takes up a full bedroom, wife thinks i should get rid, she aint got a prayer.

Best days of my life back in the early 90's, met some great people along the way, bring back illegal raves thats wot i say, or better still lets all get together in a field in our buses borrow a big generator and have a proper old school party :) :) :)
I'll be the one dancing like im trying to catch a wasp with chopsticks :ILU::eek::ILU:

·
Banned
10,255 Posts
Sorry in advance but the rave culture or something of that ilk will return as it has in the past as an antidote to the right wing government we have now and have had in the past, it's no coincidence that it appeared when thatcher the milk snatcher had been in power for a few years, When times are tough people need and escape, we were fortunate, what hope do young people have now when 25% of 16 to 24 year old's are without work, back on topic you all must be very young as my old vinyl consists of, the stranglers, joy division, burning spear, Linton Kwesi Johnson, and many more, from a time when music had something to say.IMOT:

·
sc vw customs 1.9tdi convert
17,028 Posts

mate make a date and time and lets get it on...T:

used to requent most of the warehouse and parties in bristol..along with any other dance event you could get to over the weekend period..

·
sc vw customs 1.9tdi convert
17,028 Posts
real old skool i love it just bought a device that will put all my old skool (dreamscape/helter skelter) tapes on mp3/cd .

cant wait just need two days to do it T:LOL:
2 days would also be the time it would take for you to recover these days if you where to ever requent one of these events again..LOL:...what a night it would be though..eh..I:

1 - 20 of 69 Posts