VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
If you drive a 'high emission' vehicle, registered on or before march 1st 2001, from 2010 you will have the pleasure of paying nearly a GRAND in road tax

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/OwningAVehicle/HowToTaxYourVehicle/DG_172916 :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

We were looking at getting maybe a Touraeg or X5..........mmmm maybe not then!

Don't worry though, all is not lost, if it runs on 'alternative' fuel, I'm assuming LPG or chip fat, you get a £10 discount!!!!!!

They're all heart aren't they, the thieving, :*ing :*stds!

I'm about to give them nearly £10k for the stress that is moving house........

AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

:*kers.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Most people that drive 'certain' cars that fall into this catagory don't even have to look at their bills... Think they may be better off calling it w:*kr tax, you may have just had a lucky escape! LOL:

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haha! I know what you mean, we got a golf at the mo, but just wanted something a bit more comfortable, and big enough to get the kids bikes in.

That leaves us with a choice of MPV (in my opinion that means you have just given up on life!) or a 4x4...........any other suggestions would be gratefully recieved :D

·
Registered
670 Posts
Haha! I know what you mean, we got a golf at the mo, but just wanted something a bit more comfortable, and big enough to get the kids bikes in.

That leaves us with a choice of MPV (in my opinion that means you have just given up on life!) or a 4x4...........any other suggestions would be gratefully recieved :D

Ummmm ...... A T4?

·
Premium Member
4,248 Posts
If you drive a 'high emission' vehicle, registered on or before march 1st 2001, from 2010 you will have the pleasure of paying nearly a GRAND in road tax

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/OwningAVehicle/HowToTaxYourVehicle/DG_172916 :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Don't worry though, all is not lost, if it runs on 'alternative' fuel, I'm assuming LPG or chip fat, you get a £10 discount!!!!!!

They're all heart aren't they, the thieving, :*ing :*stds!

I'm about to give them nearly £10k for the stress that is moving house........

AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

:*kers.
Don't mean to be nit picky but it's "registered on or after march 1st 2001, you scared the [email protected] out of me for a minute T:.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Thank goodness for fixed LGV rate of £200T:

·
Literally, white van man
4,071 Posts
:confused: OK, I read the link and 'I' think it says that 'OLD' gas guzzlers will pay 'only' £245 a year (ie T4 will stop at band K even if NOT a commecial vehicle)
*Band K includes cars that have a CO2 figure over 225g/km but were registered before 23 March 2006.
..or am I mistaken?:confused:

(but IF you buy a new 'GAS GUZZLER' or whatever, yep, 'THE MAN' will sting you hard)

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
That is a showroom tax for new vehicles including T5 Caravelles, Multivans, Shuttles and Window Vans...

Californias will continue to be PLG...

By then the facelift T5b models will be out with their new low emission (TSI) EU5 engines...

All the petrol T4 Caravelles, most of the Syncros (bar the TDI) are in band M - that's £435, unless they are registered as LGV's or PSV's as some are...

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
All the petrol T4 Caravelles, most of the Syncros (bar the TDI) are in band M - that's £435, unless they are registered as LGV's or PSV's as some are...
So my road tax will more than double!!!:eek: They'd better fix some potholes before then, my road is a nightmare, it's shaking my volvo to bits..literally.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Just went to the link, my tax will actually be cheaper by a fiver T:(every little helps)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts