VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. Hope we are all enjoying summer. We are away and as title says fridge and tap are playing up.
Leisure battery on way to camp site charged up to 10.7v which is low but battery indicator is showing green so battery is okay apparantly. Leisure battery at least 4 years old and when charging shows 13.88v which seems normal. On van setup all led interior lights work,fridge power light works and interior fridge light works. however fridge does not kick in to chill. If I run it off engine battery then fridge works normally. Tap not working of either leisure or van battery. Recent tap and pump. Checked all fuses and connections...all okay. What to look for as all our food is going off. Tap I can live without but fridge an issue as I can't keep running on engine battery.
Any advice hugly appreciated.

·
Registered
246 Posts
No taps got a different problem

You'll need to ensure its wired up correctly.

You don't say what type of tap but the micro switch is a weak point

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No taps got a different problem

You'll need to ensure its wired up correctly.

You don't say what type of tap but the micro switch is a weak point
taps pretty much brand new. done about 2 maybe 3 trips and been fine till now. I'll check the wiring connections. Will that need the full 12v to work like the fridge.?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It should work at 10.7 v
But you said you tried it on starter battery which will be 12v ?
Cheers Neddie for advice. much appreciated.
Do yo know if its possible for a garage to do a quick dump of charge to get the battery into an operating window or will I need a new battery. My fault. should have checked charge before we left but in 4 years never had a problem so you become complacent.

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
Model of fridge?

Edit: ooops, hadn’t noticed this was 2h old and all sorted. I was just curious how much of a drain this was on a leisure battery, as presumably it’s not a 3-way with gas too. I’m not allowed to run my fridge directly from leisure battery.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts