VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another boring one ,help please would 235/75/15 at,s go straight on my stock 95 caravelle or would they only go on if I raised it?

Or maybe a bit narrower on the front?

Cheers ,Spud.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No one? cmon fellas ,what I know about tyres you could write on the back of one of them little screw on cap things that keep the air in.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
no idea either chap....

hope someone in the know comes along soon tho' T:

Hope you and yours are well too Mr Spuds. :D

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Any opinions on 225 or 215 .75 .15 all terrain tyres ? would they at least fit on the back without raising?

Would I need narrower 205 on the front?

Cheers.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Not sure if this helps but I know you can go 235/60/15 with General Grabber or BF Goodrich, and should go straight on.
I sure hope so, cos that's what about to put on mine..

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cheers ,I guess your going for the slammed look tho?

I want to lift mine so its more of a syncro 4x4 ish look so wanted 75 (215-235?) tyres and a 50 mm spacer underneath, and wind the torsion bars up .

Fat uns at the back thinner up front (205?) , but dont know about clearance front or back.

I am up for chopping bits off ect but it would be nice to know the limits you can go too with tyres.

There is plenty on here about big wheels and low profile tyres ,spacers ect, but I cant find owt about making my van look like ,well a tractor I suppose.:GL

·
Registered
66 Posts
Haha... No I'm not slamming mine, but not really going for the 'tractor' look either... Probably leave it where it is.

I'm going more for a 70's Dodge look. Big wide boots and a porthole...

·
Want Electrics? Go Wildebus!
8,052 Posts
FWW, I tend to use this website for quick comparisons ... http://www.tyresave.co.uk/tyresize.html

It helps with the rolling diameter comparisons
My new tyres are 215/65R16 so rolling diameter just .1" less then yours, Dave, and Width is 20mm less - though offset (ET) will be a factor for rubbing ( not noticed rubbing on my front wheels, but only just fitted)

·
Registered
528 Posts
I'm running 215 75 15, standard height with no rubbing issues. The largest I know people have fitted is 225 75 16 but thats with trimming bumpers and flattening the arch.
There is a few threads on here with loads of info. One is called; biggest tyres not wheels, and the other; off road inspired vans.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts