VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Been looking recently at sticking a CB Radio in my T5 van and wondered how many others have considered this or currently have a radio installed?! Do any club members use them to keep in touch with each other or 'visiting' T4's / T5's from different areas??

I don't see many aerials about full stop (apart from some battered 4x4's) and understand this communication source is:

- cheap(ish) to buy - seen some complete kits for as little as £70
- low in traffic as most people now use mobile phones
- legal to use whilst in motion - as opposed to a mobile phone
- easy and free to use (no licence required)
- you can always get some level of signal unlike a mobile
- its monitored by the rozzers so if you see or get in a situation it easy to get help
- an opportunity for us all to have a chat whilst out and about (if within range)

CB is not exactly a bustling hub of activity and you can always find a clear channel; could be something T4 / T5 owners could all get into..... like waving at Splits and T2's to only receive a look of disgust as a reply (I owned a couple so I can say that....)

Anyway's if you see a lowered grauweiss over moonlight blue pearl (read black) T5 with body coded bumpers mirrors and door handles running amok on 20" rims whilst trying to take someone's eye out with a whip aerial shortly give me a wave or if you have a CB say hi!

Cheers

·
Registered
813 Posts
had 1 fitted to my old AA

never really used it ---only ever picked up 'white noise' or truckers

or in heat of summer--foreigners

·
Registered
112 Posts
- its monitored by the rozzers so if you see or get in a situation it easy to get help
Yeah, right. Father Christmas exists & chicken's have teeth & all that..

I've still got mine stuck in the garage, as the thought of trying to strike up a conversation with someone quite random seems pointless. Bit like those chat lines you see advertised in various magazines.

Now, if a group of mates had 'em at a rally I reckon it'd grow..

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Now, if a group of mates had 'em at a rally I reckon it'd grow..
Now ya see the point!... takes a few mates, who get a few more mates and those get a few more..... and before you know it random waffle between complete strangers could be possible... bit like on here but whilst sat in your van.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts