VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the T5 ??????

All the ammount of fidling with new bulbs and the near side 1 does`nt work. Only when a couple of other T5`s passed me on the m.way in bad weather did i notice they only had the same off side 1 working.....

Do they only have the 1 ?.

Thanks! :)

·
Registered
494 Posts
its very simple to run a wire from the right hand cluster across to the left.ive done it to my t4 golf mkt and b5 passat makes them much eazier to see them in the fog

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Chers guys T:T:T:.

Hey Tim, that`s not a bad idea acually A:, just need to find out which wire it is and take it from there i guess! T:

·
Registered
494 Posts
its eazy a bulb bit of wire some small terminal turn fogs on test rhs terminals on cluster find earth on left cluster to avoid blowing fuze then test for fog on lhs make sure the bulb is ok haypresto dazzle them behind you on a rainy day thats when most people use them in oxfordshire

·
Registered
279 Posts
I've just rewired mine tonight. Ran a wire from one cluster to the other, up through the rear pillar across the roof and down the otherside. It's a bit of a pain connecting it to the nearside cluster as there is no female metal connector in the black socket. I ended up drilling out the plastic and pushing a wire through which I then managed to connect to the male spike with a connector from Screwfix. Perhaps that doesn't make sense, but it will do if you take both your rear lights off (offside and nearside - 2 min job), separate the black connectors and look at the metal bits inside. Both light clusters have the five male metal fingers, but the nearside will be missing the required female counterpart.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Note that I also spliced into the wire not the connector on the offside. It's quite easy to figure out which colour it is by looking at the five different coloured wires that fit into the offside connecot. Whilst your there, why not wire in some reversing sensors I:

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for that Kitawagon.....T: I recon that kinda job is right up my street, i`m not too bad with basic wiring jobs and i should be able to suss out the female connector T:T:T:

Was wondering as i`m after some LED rears ;) and just wanted both sides to work.

Can`t do the sensors yet....Allthough i could do with them haveing a Shuttle ! :D

It`s big n blue :)

·
Registered
279 Posts
No worries, you're welcome. Everything takes longer tham you think mind! Regards the reversing sensors, do it, you won't go back! I've a LWB and they're a god send even if your a dab hand at parking....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts