VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. I am installing a rear view camera in my 2014 lwb 4motion and wired it to the reverse light on the left hand side but the voltage there is only 10.7 volts even with the engine running. That's not enough to power the camera on. I checked the tail light and only 11.5 volts. I connect a battery and all is well at 12.7 volts. What am I missing?

·
Premium Member
500 Posts
try measuring voltage from the reverse light green wire to the body of the van. is it still low?
and on continuity check you have a nice low reading (0.00001 ideally) from the earth at the bulb holder back to the body of the van.
if the earth is ok then i'd be looking at the reverse light switch on the gearbox, assuming you have a manual

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I found out by accident while fiddling with the wiring and trying different things, the camera came on when the earth was the same for that and the screen. So I wired up the screen in the front and turned on the ignition and it all worked. BUT, when I started the engine, no video. Checked all the wiring again and the power feed to the screen and everything worked until the engine is running.
Powering the screen from the cig plug on top of the dash and the voltage is still on with the engine running. What is the problem now? Any suggestions appreciated.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts