VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

221 - 240 of 242 Posts

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Hi Everyone. Just a quick question. This is a Ronal Rucha (part no. 211 4014502), 7.5J 16H2 ET42. Can I fit a set onto my T4 LWB Kombi (needs 800kg load rating for each corner)? They are from E Class Merc which, some might say, is heavier than a T4 but I can't find specs/ratings for the wheel anywhere...
Many thanks in anticipation...
L

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Hi mate i run these.

I too was unable to find load specs. But as they come from the e class they are 16" and have a tyres with a 65 profile and 102 load rating so i run them with no worries.

·
Registered
6,156 Posts
Hi Everyone. Just a quick question. This is a Ronal Rucha (part no. 211 4014502), 7.5J 16H2 ET42. Can I fit a set onto my T4 LWB Kombi (needs 800kg load rating for each corner)? They are from E Class Merc which, some might say, is heavier than a T4 but I can't find specs/ratings for the wheel anywhere...
Many thanks in anticipation...
L
E class is not that heavy ............... you could try MB technical maybe ;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey guys , i bought a set of amg wheels for the t4 last month , i got 7.5x17 fronts and 8.5 x 17 rears ET51 thinking they wont stick out too much, not fitted them yet but had a quick test fit today on the rear (without tyre), it doesnt stick out but ... it is almost touching the chassis leg on the inside and it pushing against the handbrake cable, that shouldnt be too much of an issue but not sure about the chassis or if i should space them a bit , id rather not tho and stick them on as they are , whats your thoughts? current wheels are 7.5 x 17 ET48 and tyres are 225 50 17 i think , the van has been lowered but not by much so was thinking of using current tyres for now as the van needs more important things doing to it. ive got a few cars with stretched tyres, air ride/ V. low coilovers etc etc and could go down that route if needed but at the moment id like to just use tyres i have and leave the ride height alone just hate current wheels

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Currently running 17" Mercedes Segins with 255/55/17 tyres.
I now need a new set of tyres as they a little bit on the large side and with load in the rear occasionally catch due to being lowered 50mm.

Any ideas on what tyre size would be suitable without breaking the bank?

·
Registered
11 Posts
New MB wheels for the DUG-Mobile

Finally I found som new Alu-Wheels for my VW T4 Campervan.

Original MB Wheels coming from a Viano 3.0 MY -08

Wheel size 225/55r17. Width of rim is 7" (7j y 17H2 ET56). Bolt pattern is the same 5/112.
The OEM number on the rims are: "logo" + 639 401 19 02

Not sure about weight class on the rims but according to Mercedes support tires with weight class 101 or higher is needed on these rims. My car must have at least 97 so it should be fine.

I've taken a short ride and no big issue except for when steering maximum left the tire touch the body of the car.. very Little.

Question??
Could the steering stroke be adjusted on a T4 -95?

I plan to make nice hub caps. (Custom made domed sticker on top of MB caps.)

221 - 240 of 242 Posts