VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So August 2017 I spotted these in a VW magazine and instantly wanted one, today finally it’s sat in the back and looks the business.

The detail and communication from Rich at Slidepods has been awesome and shows in the finished product, we’ve used it today already, glad opted for the red for a splash of colour.

Even the Mrs likes it!

Had to take a token side shot pic today too, loved the reflection 🤟

·
Registered
142 Posts
So August 2017 I spotted these in a VW magazine and instantly wanted one, today finally it’s sat in the back and looks the business.

The detail and communication from Rich at Slidepods has been awesome and shows in the finished product, we’ve used it today already, glad opted for the red for a splash of colour.

Even the Mrs likes it!

Had to take a token side shot pic today too, loved the reflection 🤟
View attachment 179891
View attachment 179892
View attachment 179893
Looks proper nice!

·
Registered
9,236 Posts
I've always liked the idea of a rear kitchen but i'd need to add a curtain/blind or barrier of some kind to stop the smell of my prawn curry or cooked breakfast impregnating the whole of my van .
The other consideration for us is with barn doors i'd need a rear canopy so I can cook outdoors when it's raining .
Not so much of a problem for you boys with tailgate .

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I’ve got a canopy coming next for the barn doors, need to research as stitches and steel do one which looks cool and cheaper than Kirivans. I doubt I’ll use the hob for anything but the kettle and cooking pasta as I’ll still use the cadac but having the sink and shower is an awesome feature especially walking the dog in the winter and he needs a quick wash down!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Was you parked up at west runton yesterday? I'm sure we parked opposite in a blue t4. Very cool looking van bud, and love you wheels!!

·
Registered
9,236 Posts
Oooh a shower too, i never knew that 😎 .
I had a quick look at making a rear canopy last year that was bigger than the normal 'batwing' .
The offerings from the manufacturers looked rather small to sit and cook under .

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Was you parked up at west runton yesterday? I'm sure we parked opposite in a blue t4. Very cool looking van bud, and love you wheels!!
Thanks yes that was us, sorry we didn’t say hi we were social distancing in the back.
Love the colour of your van bud, looks very clean!

I’ll make sure I say hi next time! 🤟

·
Registered
16 Posts
Cheers mate, only got it back from bodyshop 4 weeks ago. New arches and change of colour. You had the right idea staying in the van, literally as we got on the beach it tipped it down :rolleyes:
Thanks yes that was us, sorry we didn’t say hi we were social distancing in the back.
Love the colour of your van bud, looks very clean!

I’ll make sure I say hi next time! 🤟

·
Premium Member
1,899 Posts
These are very cool, would love one but the bike has that spot already shot gunned. Shrewd move though mate, getting it in the same colour as your misses top, we all know how women like to have matching accessories (y)
At a show last year I saw stitches and steel (thanks for that, couldn't for the life of me remember the name) barn door canopy, looked very cool.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts