VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone

I'm after some opening side windows sliding door and off side. Any recommends for Dorset area?

Cheers

·
Registered
171 Posts
Just out of interest why the change from fixed glass to opening?
I'm windowless at the mo but wondering what to go for?
Love the look of the fixed glass but wondering is it going to be wiser for having opening windows for when using the back of the van (sleeping and chilling etc) and when carrying the kids about?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Just the one opener or both?
I know a guy who has one of each, the opener on the drivers side.
He's just had them fitted so not really had chance to try them properly yet so got no feedback

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just out of interest why the change from fixed glass to opening?
I'm windowless at the mo but wondering what to go for?
Love the look of the fixed glass but wondering is it going to be wiser for having opening windows for when using the back of the van (sleeping and chilling etc) and when carrying the kids about?
I am after sliders because of carrying the kids in the back. The van does get hot, and going to France this summer with a 3 and 2 year old :eek:
I do prefer the look of fixed glass but....
I've got an Eberspacher that I took the feed from outside for so will see how that works on cool flow but the Mrs keeps going on about sliders.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Ok cool! (<no pun intended)
I might just go for the one slider so I can at least have a bit of fresh air in the back.
Good luck with your new sliders, let us know how you get on with them

·
Premium Member
757 Posts
I am after sliders because of carrying the kids in the back. The van does get hot, and going to France this summer with a 3 and 2 year old :eek:
I do prefer the look of fixed glass but....
I've got an Eberspacher that I took the feed from outside for so will see how that works on cool flow but the Mrs keeps going on about sliders.
Maybe you should go with the fixed ones and put a sunroof in the back.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/AAW-Advanced-Autoglazing-Work-Ltd/327509040626906

·
Registered
144 Posts
How much was the sunroof, including fitting?

I'm thinking of changing one of my fixed windows for a slider, as we have dogs in the back and it gets pretty toasty in the rear, in the summer when we are driving. Looking for a way to add more ventilation, but wondered what would be cheaper - sunroof or having a fixed window replaced with a slider.

·
Premium Member
757 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts