VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm new to this forum - thinking about getting a T4 and converting to a dayvan. The only problem is we have 4 kids and this will be an everyday car so need to seat 6 comfortably and safely. I'll be using this for camping as a couple and also to take the lads to MTB races so need to be able to configure with a large load area from time to time. So I don't want to fix a full width rock-and-roll in the rear. Also, I'd like a comfy bed.

The options I have found on this forum are:

• Caravelle 3 seat bench on rails, no side kitchen
  • 2 x Bongo 3 seat bench on rails, v. narrow kitchen
  • 3/4 width reimo/rib/variotech 3-belt seat (£3000? no way!)
But, the other thought I had was how about 2 fold-into-the-floor seats like the rear ones in a Zafira, mounted perhaps behind a fold-forward/flat 3 seat bench that can tuck up behind the front seats when needed? A Zafira must be a little narrower than the T4, so perhaps a narrow kitchen would work too?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VAUXHALL-ZAFIRA-2009-MK3-REAR-SEAT-7-SEATER-/280924293680?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4168648a30#ht_720wt_1054

I'd need to raise the floor area a bit around the fold flat seats to make a flat load area, but this could create some useful storage spaces. For sleeping I guess I'd combine the 3 seat bench folded out flat with a padded rear shelf arrangement.

Can anyone see any problems with this idea and has anyone seen any examples of this being done?

Any other cunning ways to get 6 seats into a dayvan?

Thanks! Chris

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
i presume you want 4 full 3 point belts for the kids to be safe. that rules out the bongo .the ideal t4 is the ex motobility as done by versa.these have windows and single seats on tracking and most important 3 point full seat belts .that make these ideal for kids.and when not wanted easy to remove.we have sold many of these to happy customers in the past.lots of these have lowish miles and have been looked after under the motobility scheme..

·
Premium Member
3,716 Posts
as above, an ex mobility or a caravelle is the answer - yes it'll cost more, but will do the job from day 1 and suit your needs long term ?

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
A full 8 seat caravelle and a pull out kitchen in the boot area

or for less noise from the kids .. A T4 trailer with seats for the kids and wife I:

Runs and hides LOL:):*

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Lwb caravelle,
Take seats out when you need to carry stuff,
And a removable platform behind rear row to make a bed.

This month I've used mine to bring home a 6 x 4 shed and a pair of sofas .

Seats back in and carry 8 passengers T:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts