VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The orange oil light wont go off! I've changed the oil, checked the pressure, changed the sensor, checked the wiring as far as I can but still wont go off. It comes on and sounds an allarm a few seconds after switching on the ignition, before engine in other words.

any ideas? help please!?!?!

·
Registered
781 Posts
does this apply if the orange oil light only flashes about four times when the ignition is switched on then does not come on again *<:)>

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks max1956bike and trism286 - same solution so it must be that - tried openin and closing bonnet and fiddling with switch - will try joining wires when it dried up a bit...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
climberian - no, orange light just goes on and stays on (after sounding an alarm for a second) - i'm hoping it is the bonnet switch....

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
does this apply if the orange oil light only flashes about four times when the ignition is switched on then does not come on again *<:)>
No there are two pressure sensors, one on the bottom of the sump, and another somewhere i cant remember, if it flashes 3 times when you turn the igniition on before starting the engine one of the sensors is broken.

Mine does it, i checked on vcds and it shows the sump one is faulty, i'll get it changed at somepoint ...they're about £60

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
No there are two pressure sensors, one on the bottom of the sump, and another somewhere i cant remember, if it flashes 3 times when you turn the igniition on before starting the engine one of the sensors is broken.

Mine does it, i checked on vcds and it shows the sump one is faulty, i'll get it changed at somepoint ...they're about £60
Last time I bought one they were more like £90

:eek:

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Not to sure if this is any good for you but to reset my oil light I had to disconnect the battery for a few seconds then connect again. T:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts