VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

It's very early days on my T5 SWB conversion and I'm at the point where the inside has been cleaned and ply is nice and tidy.

I'm now at the point where I'm looking to have side windows installed and to take care of the lining (sound proofing, insulation, and carpeting) but I'm unsure as the order in which to do them.

Logic, or at least logic to me, would suggest windows then lining but it never hurts to ask.

Could any of you lovely people confirm what the best order is in which to progress my conversion?

Many thanks,
Dav

·
Registered
852 Posts
I did windows first but realised after that had I carpeted then the fitter would have hidden the edges under the U trim and made a better job than me trimming the carpet up to the edge afterwards....next time......I:
HTH
Rob

·
Registered
927 Posts
In a ideal world it would be best to do both at the same time,
if your going to carpet line yourself then carpet over where the window will go that way when the hole is cut out you can finish the carpet off around the appiture

·
Registered
58 Posts
In a ideal world it would be best to do both at the same time,
if your going to carpet line yourself then carpet over where the window will go that way when the hole is cut out you can finish the carpet off around the appiture
Hi Dean,

Can I ask what side window you have in here? And also, where it's from please ?

Many thanks

Jason

1 - 5 of 5 Posts