VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We welcomed Sam into the household this morning. He's a 2yr old Fox Hound. Some of you may recall I posted a thread last week after we decided to give him a new home.

Well so far he has made himself at home quite nicely and him and our other dog get along as if they've been mates from way back (there has been a bit of pecking order chit chat though I:)

I'm sure you'll see him at an event or 2 in the coming year

his recall isnt that bad after all - but it does need improving

We are so glad we decided to give him a chance, he's captured our hearts already T:*<:)>A:T:*<:)>A:

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks a very nice dog. Did you rescue him?
Yes mate, he's from our local Dogs Trust in Shrewsbury. We popped in last Sunday and met him, we took him for a walk and got to know him, we took our dog to meet him on Wednesday, they did the home visit on Thursday and we collected him this morning.
They have rehomed around 1200 dogs from that centre this year T:

He is such a col dog, have met loads of other dog walkers so far and they all have taken to him T: we are so pleased and my wife thinks "we are doing such a grown up thing" ;) A:

·
Registered
96 Posts
Congratulations mate, looks like a good'n

If you think his recall isn't too bad, just take care out in the country when he picks up the scent of Mr. Foxy. He may not have hunted them, but thats what he was bred for and it'll be instinct for him!!

Good luck though, its far better to try and get a dog/cat from a rescue centre rather than lining the pockets of breeders imo.A:

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Yes mate, he's from our local Dogs Trust in Shrewsbury. We popped in last Sunday and met him, we took him for a walk and got to know him, we took our dog to meet him on Wednesday, they did the home visit on Thursday and we collected him this morning.
They have rehomed around 1200 dogs from that centre this year T:

He is such a col dog, have met loads of other dog walkers so far and they all have taken to him T: we are so pleased and my wife thinks "we are doing such a grown up thing" ;) A:
That's really cool to help a lovely dog have a new start! We have one dog and love another one but the house is too small for now!I:

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Aw he's lovely!!

Is he an ex hunting dog?
No, he was always a pet. He has a wonderful nature and im sure he's gonna be fine.

His first owners gave him up because he grew bigger than they thought :*
His second owners gave him up because they had to move into rented accomodation - and the third because they thought he was to dominant with their 4 yr old lad.

4th time lucky Sam T:

·
Registered
513 Posts
He's handsome and glad you gave him a loving home, we rescued our dog Ozzy and we wouldn't be without himT:

Cheers
Mrs Tim (mandy)

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
He's handsome and glad you gave him a loving home, we rescued our dog Ozzy and we wouldn't be without himT:

Cheers
Mrs Tim (mandy)
Cheers Mandy, he is a good looking lad. Well done on Ozzy, its always good hearing about sucess stories. T:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts