VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought our T5 last week, the adventure begins.
We are going to slowly put our own stamp on it.
First stop was Halfords, new headunit! So got that fitted! Along with a reversing camera.
Come along to making it work and noticed the reversing lights were not working.
New bulbs, still nothing, new fuse, still nothing. So sensor, changed that, as I changed that I noticed the wiring going into it had come away, so a new connector has been ordered and finishers crossed I get this fitted and everything works....

Pictures to come once cleaned and everything is working

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Exciting times then HRB T:

I hope youre enjoying your new toy so far .

Whats your plans ? Camper, day van ??
It’s alright got some stuff done to it. Campervan we looking at. We got the ‘kitchen’ sorted and some storage, Rock and Roll bed etc.
Hoping to get a pop up roof done and maybe a side door awning

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ah! Hope it's nothing too serious, especially being to new to the ownership.
Reversing stuff wasn’t working. No lights or rear camera but finally sorted it. The clip onto the sensor on the gearbox, the wires had all come apart so ordered a new clip, rewired it back in and we good to go!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, the garage we bought the van from have said it was serviced etc
I have been going over it with a fine tooth comb the last few weeks
The air filter was black, so they never changed that, the oil was like water, so god knows what oil they had used on it and the filter hadn’t been touch, it was a major job to get the main cap off so that hasn’t been off for a while.
Fuel filter hasn’t been touched either so that’s next on the job list.
Noticed the engine is rather loud before the oil changed, it has seemed to gone quieter since changing the oil but its also got a ‘plug and play’ tuning box plugged in, read that it makes the engine constantly rev a little bit hence why the engine is sounding loud when on tick over.
I’m wanting to remove this but when I did and replaced it all back to standard it wouldn’t start the car, the glow plug light was just constantly flashing?! Plugged it all back in and it started up first time. :confused::confused:

Also, can someone explain to me what to use to upload pictures?

·
Premium Member
913 Posts
Very nice looking van mate, shame about all the work you've had to do so soon after buying :(

For uploading photos there a couple of options:

You can upload images to an album in your profile and host them from there.

Or...

Once uploaded, click on the image you want to share, it'll then enlarge the image with a list of links down the right hand side, just copy the link under "BBCode (message boards & forums)" and paste it directly into your reply and hey presto T:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Fitted new split charger today. I gathered the old one wasn’t charging the leisure battery up once I fitted a temporary after it.
So just hope this one chargers the battery up properly tomorrow when out driving.
Fingers crossed my 12v fridge doesn’t kill the battery in a few hours now

·
Premium Member
913 Posts
I want to take the spoiler off, it’s not my cup of tea. Think I’m going to lower it next
Yeah a nice clean roof would look better.

Lowering her will make a huge difference, both looks and handling! What route are you thinking of going, just springs of coilovers?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm thinking of maybe going for just springs, 50mm maybe. i was thinking of some coilovers but i had them on my golf GTi, got carried away after a few months and dropped it all the way and ended up scraping on every single speed bump going.

·
Premium Member
913 Posts
I'm sat on H&R springs with a 50mm drop, makes such a difference to looks and handling, I'm sure coilovers would be even better but I couldn't justify the cost this early into my build.

If you go for springs, make sure you get the kit that has new rear top mounts and front drop links, not replacing these appears to create knocking on the van from what I've read on here.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts