VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all happy new year my 1.9 td t4 is getting real hot real fast rad is gettin hot and felt some of the cooling pipes and they seem to be hot aswell and idea could it be water pump? ??

·
Registered
174 Posts
The link is to my post, I'm waiting on a new Rad at mo as mine was blocked. Look in the expansion tank, can you see the water circulating? If not, disconnect the small hose at the very top of the Rad that goes back to the expansion tank and see if water is coming through, mine was blocked solid. Also are your fans coming in? if not when the engine is hot feel the sensor bolt on the drivers side of Rad should be hot, mine was stone cold as no water was getting through to that side.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I'm not a mechanic but I did attempt to change my water pump, wish I never, seems to be a bugger of a job, but that might be coz I'm no mechanic! But once I drained down the system, I took the thermostat out and you can see the pump impeller inside, mine looked fine and it had not sheared off, turned with the pulley and the bearing felt ok to me so I took it the pump is ok, will find out when new Rad gets in.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts