VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Looking for some help. I have a 2006 t5 transporter t26 84 axc 160k miles
Van runs good but over revs when changing gear then hesitates very similar to turbo lag
I've changed the clutch switch ,n75 valve + new silicone vac hoses and cleaned MAF
Thought I'd fixed it with the n75 but a couple weeks later Same problem
I'm thinking it is Turbo or actuator related Just wondering if anybody knows of anything else
Worth poking at
Cheers

·
Special Rapporteur
10,165 Posts
What, on the grounds that the new one that he says he's already fitted may be faulty? That's certainly not unknown, but probably not massively likely...

·
Super Moderator
9,252 Posts
Try the air cleaner for the vac line as they become blocked :)

·
Registered
75 Posts
hi Festa when you mention filter for the vac line , is that the one tucked up by the n75 valve and looks like its made of clear plastic with a paper filter in. :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cheers guys. I have tried all usual suspects. Will look at filter on vac pipes later Thinking maybe sticking vanes in turbo. Anyone used the Mr muscle oven cleaner in the egr outlet on manifold. Bit unsure how effective this will be or what damage it may cause Thanks again.

·
Registered
75 Posts
hi cj chiv iv'e used forte turbo cleaner a couple of times over the years and it has worked. use 1 bottle to 20 ltrs in the tank then once that's gone 1 bottle too a full tank, i can only say it worked for me. first time i used it cleared dropping into limp mode for a year. its the vac line filter i was interested in because mines really caked up, just seen one on ebay £18 :eek:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice one blowpipe Seen a few products about like revive etc
Haven't had the limp mode issues.
It just carries on revving then lags when in new gear like it's got a big turbo
Watched a few vids on the variable vane turbo and it makes sense to me that maybe
The vanes are sticking on full boost Instead of retracting when throttle is released
The thing is it doesn't happen all the time, but once it has started it stays and can only be avoided By short shifting
Every time I've "fixed" it it will run good for maybe a couple weeks then start buggering about again
Only things I can think of are actuator is shagged or clogged up turbo
Cheers Chiv

·
Registered
75 Posts
could be, the only problem is i think the actuator is part of the turbo and cannot be replaced on its own, unless some one knows different, hope all voes well:ILU:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi mellish.
I think my problem was the new clutch switch not twisted in properly
The way I see it The spring loaded rod that touches the pedal arm shouldn't move all the way out
The pedal only just kisses it when clutch is released
I might be wrong , I'm no mechanic but Trial and error worked for me
If it's not that. Look at changing n75 valve and vac tubing. £50 tops , mine also had a split hose to the actuator which I could hear
By pushing the actuator arm with my finger

1 - 12 of 12 Posts